Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Finally Installed My Ice

Old 05-03-2009, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Well finally got my system installed and it's sweet! The sub amp and capacitor is buried in the spare wheel compartment just to keep things clean looking and the 4 channel Pioneer amp is mounted with the Orion Subs on the top of the sub box. Pioneer 6x9's and JBL 6.5 door speakers and tweeters are all hidden behind the OEM speaker grills(yes I even swapped out the tweeters and mounted them in the dash where they belong). Not sure if this is standard on most head units but when you take the face plate off there's a little flashing red light. also included and installed with this Nav system is satellite radio, I-pod adapter and back-up camera.....Woot.Larrs

Old 05-03-2009, 08:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Looks nice man! Now if you want to do a car pc it should be very very easy. Clean too.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:55 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

^ How do you figure? How would it be 'very very easy' for him to do a carpc?
Just because the headunit has a display doesn't mean you can use it with a computer
Old 05-03-2009, 09:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

very clean install Larrs. Very impressed but i have one small question.

I know you park your car in the wintertime but how much do you think you will miss the trunk space you lost?

some people don't care but us ole fogeys like to keep the use of the car, haha.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:32 AM

Wow looks great man!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:03 AM

QUOTE (UrS0NvS @ May 3 2009, 10:29 AM)
very clean install Larrs. Very impressed but i have one small question.

I know you park your car in the wintertime but how much do you think you will miss the trunk space you lost?

some people don't care but us ole fogeys like to keep the use of the car, haha.

I thought about trunk space for a long time and thought that folding the back seats down will now be the new trunk space. Also, no spare tire in the car anymore unless I throw it in the back seat area whenever i go for holidays or long trips. I'm thinking I might get a custom hide away tow hitch and pick up a little trailer. Thanks everybody for the kind feedback. The sub enclosure was from E-bay from a guy named Tyler Adams at http://www.conceptenclosures.com
Old 05-03-2009, 10:51 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (radu_rd2 @ May 3 2009, 10:55 AM)
^ How do you figure? How would it be 'very very easy' for him to do a carpc?
Just because the headunit has a display doesn't mean you can use it with a computer

Most head units that handle DVD have a video input. The unit should handle at bare minimum S-Video or AV. They make devices that cost less then $20 to convert S-VGA or DVI(typical modern computer output) to AV or S-Video. The downgrade connectors are generally cheap. The upgrade connectors are expensive. Going from AV to VGA or DVI costs around $100. You can buy a small computer which goes under the passenger seat for less then $500. The computers have special software that they run which can be controlled by a small keypad which can panel mount, or be placed in the glove box, or under the seat. The software is free. You've just got to decide what input device you want to control the carpc software with.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:54 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

damn, 150 for a enclosure like that, that's not too shabby. fing02.gif
Old 05-03-2009, 11:09 AM

Hey Larrs,
Does your HU stick out s little bit from the dash? I swapped my old pioneer for a newer model, and the new one sticks out a bit... I'm wondering if its the same way with all their decks, or if I should find another trim ring to fix the problem.

Good job on the install; it looks very nice. If you threw some grills over the subs, would you be able to make use of what hatch space you have left, or is the box to tall already?
Old 05-03-2009, 12:13 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

looks good...i have been researching what i want to do as far as ICE for the tiburon, but i got stuck and decided to hold off until later this year for next summer

carpc's need VGA monitors