Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

F/G and painting interior dash plastics

Old 02-05-2005, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/G and painting interior dash plastics

Just wanted to get some input on the best way i can fiberglass and paint the interior plastic dash pieces, one more thing if any one knows where i can get pieces it would be great i like to start with brand new pieces, the ones i have now are cracked and some of the supports are broke. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

-Josh Fellow Tibby owner
Old 02-06-2005, 05:33 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Pieces??? What pieces??? Hit up Tibbychick and see what's left of her car.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:01 PM

check your local junkyards for spare parts....but its easy to paint your plastics....you dont necessarily have to fiberglass them....just take the panels off....unscrew all the pieces and take the panels apart....clean them off...thoroughly...and then sand them down a bit...making them rough..not too much...if you plan on painting the vinyl theres no need to sand..youll just cut it all up...trust me..I made that mistake...after you make the plastic rough...or at least...as best you can....(like the vents and such)...I found that engine enamel works quite well...people have been arguing with me all day....but check out what my interior looks like...and let me know if you want me to let you know what I did...