Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Double Din Install

Old 11-20-2004, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GUYS I NEED YOUR INPUT. Help me stock Hyundai Products!

Hey, gotta say, awesome sight. Anyway, I'm planning on installing a new set of decks in my stock head unit location. I want to use two single din size units, top more than likely will be a monitor. I understand, however, that the opening is not exactly double din size, so I was wondering if anyone knew whether I could do this fairly easily. I don't have a problem modifying though, just wondering if I could get some input from someone with a bit more experience, since I've only had the car a week. Also, what about a faceplate after I do this, any company make one that would work? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: A Soldier Story - Must Read!

they dont make a faceplate for your idea. the opening isnt exactly double din, its a bitt smaller, and has rounded corners. you would probably be able to use the radio mounting support without any modifications to that(rectangular hole), but something would definately have to be done about the radio surround, as it has rounded corners and is smaller than double din..