Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Do Window Switches Light Up During Day?

Old 09-19-2008, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Until now, I had the green stock LEDs on my window buttons on the driver and passenger window/mirror control boxes (on the door trims). Yesterday I changed the LED's to blue. This morning when I turned the car on, I noticed that the buttons lit up. The headlights and cluster lighting are turned off. I can't remember if, when I had the green stock LEDs, if the window switches also turned on during the day. Maybe they did but emitted such little light that I never noticed??? Can someone let me know if they are supposed to light up during the day (ie. when all of the internal cluster/headlights ligthing is turned off).
Old 09-19-2008, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

even with the keys out, the door switches should light up with the parking lights and the cluster. if they light up without the cluster than something is wrong.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:59 AM

Thanks bro. But... I think I might have confused you with my question. My question was:

- you get in your car during the day. You turn on the ignition, you remove your parking brake, and you drive off.
- you DO NOT turn on your headlights or anything because it's still not night (and the cluster is in place, I didn't remove it)
- should the window switch lights light up?

Old 09-19-2008, 11:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

yes they should. I have my vent halos wired to them because it is a constant power.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:48 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

your switches should light up with your dimmer. when you turn on your parklights and adjust the brightness with the dimmer switch they change brightness!
Old 09-19-2008, 12:27 PM

Thanks guys! Man, I never noticed those window switches on during the day. I guess the stock green LEDs weren't very bright. These blue ones I put in are bright as heck!! You can CLEARLY see them even on a complete sunny day laugh.gif
Old 09-19-2008, 02:36 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

so they are lit up by to constant power? whaat, i never knew that. pat.gif
Old 09-19-2008, 02:49 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

^^^ The parking lights come on when the parking brake is released. I learned this because I have one of those license plate frames with the scrolling text.

Heres the story:

I hooked it up to the parking lights instead of the brake by mistake.....It says "Show me your BOOOOBS!" (it was a joke at the time). Anyway, I always thought it comes on when the brake light does, so I'm driving along getting weird looks from passing cars...Then I hear this honking. I look to the Windstar beside me to see some 40+ year old dude pressing his nipple against the window of his van....gross as all hell. So I pull off at the next exit....got out and checked...nothing was on.....then it hit me...I had my friend release the parking brake and sure enough the text shows up.....

I'd been driving around for 3 weeks with a constant "SHOW ME YOUR BOOOOOBS!" message scrolling...... and all I got to see was some hairy nippled dude in a minivan.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:43 PM

lmao.gif

oh man, that was FUNNY! Do you still have it installed (this time for when you apply the brakes?) laugh.gif
Old 09-19-2008, 05:29 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Not constant power, but hot-at-on power.