Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

dim dummy lights

Old 10-11-2003, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my battery and parking break dummy light stay on real dim, you can only see them at night. when you pull the parking break the light comes on fully.

while driving the car they will blink to a pattern along with the headlights. when the rpm's are fast the blinking gets slower and the headlights follow the same pattern when the rpm's drop, the pattern gets faster until it looks like it is steady.

when you reach a certain rpm the blinking stops but the lights still remain on, real dim.

i thought it was stereo stuff so i re-routed everything for the stereo, problem remains.

i thought bad ground some where so i checked every ground i could possibly get to, sanded everything to bare medal but the problem remains.

one of my front marker lights was broken so i disconnected both of them, problem remains.

i had the alternator checked at sears and they said it is fine.

can anyone lend some advice, i am about to pull my hair out.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i have no clue, but i would just go out on a limb, and say check your fuses:?. when u took out the marker light, u coulda messed up a fuse.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:01 PM

i did that to. i checked under the dash and all the fuses are fine there. i need to check the fuses under the hood.

i will look at those tomorrow and hope to find the problem
Old 10-11-2003, 08:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

also, the wires for the guage cluster. one might be cut and touching the frame. id go on the webtech and check where thos wires are, and then look for cuts in them.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:59 PM

Don't just check power... chances are you are looking at a grounding problem..
Old 10-13-2003, 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Mad-Machine)
Don't just check power... chances are you are looking at a grounding problem..

yea, i figured ground also. i went through every ground i could find and made sure it was good. i sanded everything to the bare medal.

when i had my exhaust put in, they had to weld it while it was on the car. do you think some sort of surge could have done something or maybe they knocked a ground loose from under the car somewhere.
Old 10-13-2003, 02:18 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata

i had a similar problem, battery light staying on real dim.
i brought it back to the dealer, 'cuz it was still under warranty, and they told me the alternator wasn't working properly.
i didn't get the details though.
it might be the alternator, try checking your alternator at some other shop.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:07 PM

well you see... here is the thing with grounds.. It might be something totally unrelated to the lights... but because whatever it is has a bad ground.. it is going through your warning lights for it's ground... electricity can seem weird. but eventually it does all make sense.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:59 AM

my cel is doing that right now, iyt has been on since i last took my dash apart to replace all the bulbs in the cluster. When i get my haloz from blacktibs I plan on taking it apart again and see if i maybe put the led in with the polarity reversed, that doens't seem like the problem though b/c when i put the ignition to accessory the light comes on at full brightness like it normally would. I have heard of ythe airbag light staying on when you remove the cluster with the battery still attached, both times i've taken it apart the battery was hooked up, and the first time i didn't have any problems with the lights staying on.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

When did the problem start? I would check the battery and the alternator.... try testing things out.
Does it do it while your bright lights are on? See if having the radio OFF does anything different, or try dimming the gauges with the dimmer switch... or I would go back to every modification done around the time the lights started doing this. It could be related somehow to your gauge cluster not being in all the way, or wires that were connected/reconnected and just don't have a good current running through them... could it possibly be the Turbo messing with it somehow?

Try to pinpoint when the problem first started, and find out what modifications occured in that time frame. It could be left-over rice from when the wing was on there. J/K wink.gif

good luck though... :-/