Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Dial Led's

Old 07-24-2006, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want my dails to light up blue, i've seen a diy on this and there seems to be alot of wiring involved.
I was wandering if this could be done by soldering led's (with resistors) to the copper connectors where the stock bulbs plug in.
Then that way there would be no need for lots of wire squashed in between the plastic bulb holders and the actual dails.

Would this work!!
Old 07-24-2006, 02:14 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

yes, 2 blue LEDs and 1 470 ohm resistor in paralell per dial, connect the long leads to the green/white wire and the short leg of the LEDs to the green/black wire. you need to run them LED-LED-Resistor.

But that will only work for the dials. It will NOT illuminate the whole heater cluster. It will bearly light up.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if i did the same thing behind the peterol gauge and the oil and temp gauge that would work too!!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:39 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

There are many areas which are lit up stock on the tib, the needles are what you are talking about. There's also the gauges, behind the needles, the cluster and the dials on the cluster. it takes quite a bit of work and modification to do them all. I'd not recommend it if you are not handy with small electronics. whatever happens, follow the DIYs. People have written them because they know what they're doing and have done it well... you may not see my DIY on molding a sterio surround for that reason.