Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

deactivate map light

Old 09-16-2004, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Pyle of sound or Pyle of crap?

anybody knew how to de-activate the map light when opening the door?

in my toyota there are three switches for the interior light.
forward - always on
center - always off
back - on if door is open

in the tib, i cant figure out to make the map light always off.

its kinda annoying when im juz hanging out with the lights on while opening the doors.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:29 AM

Default trying to plan a system

You mean the button inbetween the 2 map light buttons? Doesn't it say door on it? Just a guess. I am in school and would have to look.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:57 AM

Default Re: FS: Custom COLORED Shift Boots!

yea, there is a button in-between the two map light buttons, that if you push it in, it won't turn the light on when you open your doors. as for always on/always off, just turn the lights on or off with the individual switches.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:59 AM

OLD (early) Tibs never had that option
By mid - late 97's they had a button, but not like the 99+ (North american models) that we have now like you guys just described.

And also he's in the Phillipines,... so not sure what options they had.
The early buttons was like a single push button. and would "click off" once you manually turned your map lights on (while the doors are closed)
So if you have a button koy koy, manually push the map light on, which should disable the lights as the door opens.
If not, take out the bulbs
Old 09-16-2004, 08:46 PM

QUOTE (KayJai)
By mid - late 97's they had a button, but not like the 99+ (North american models) that we have now like you guys just described.

The early buttons was like a single push button. and would "click off" once you manually turned your map lights on (while the doors are closed)
So if you have a button koy koy, manually push the map light on, which should disable the lights as the door opens.

Take out the bulbs? Ouch! lol.gif
Yah, there is that thing in between the two buttons but it's not a switch yet..
I think i hav the early tib...

I guess i have to mess up with the wires and run it say near the seats so i can have the map light de-activated irregardless of the door.

I wonder if the center button can be purchased and replaced...
Old 09-20-2004, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Exhaust Help

QUOTE (koykoy)
QUOTE (KayJai)

Take out the bulbs? Ouch! lol.gif
Yah, there is that thing in between the two buttons but it's not a switch yet..
I think i hav the early tib...

I guess i have to mess up with the wires and run it say near the seats so i can have the map light de-activated irregardless of the door.

Easily man. Just take any 15 amp switch, run the wiring through it and mount it up in that spot.....or run some extensions and wire it in a spot of your choice. Here's a wiring diagram, if it helps.

http://www.hmaservice.com/xml/graphics/t7/t7sd335a.gif
Old 09-20-2004, 04:15 PM

Default Re: I'm back photoshoot.

QUOTE (koykoy)

No need to do all that. You can actually modify that "switch" (i say that becuase it isn't sh*t right now, i will refer back to this "switch" many times you'll know what switch im talking about by the "") to control your dome lights by the doors being open or closed.

Look @ the wiring diagram above. If you get a N.O. (Normally Open) Push-Button switch, you can actually mount the dead button "switch" in your car, to the switch for your dome lights to turn on/off when your doors are open so that you can make it look like it's supposed to be there. It'll look really good if you do it right.

(this would be a really good DIY, if you could take pics while doing this (IF YOU DO IT!) then somebody , maybe even myself, would write it up.)

first, make sure that you can actually PUSH the "switch" , you know, it needs to be able to recess back so that you can turn the switch on and off, if there are plastic clips holding it on, break them off... i know its hard.

anyways, take your pushbutton switch and get some superglue or some other maximum strength bonding shizzle (OH!! and make SURE the switch isn't bigger than the space you have UNDERNEATH the dome light) and actually glue the switch to the "switch" , lol you know what i mean. This should actually make ur dome light "switch" = a DOME LIGHT SWITCH!! and you should now be able to make your dome lights turn on & off by opening your doors.

If you need to know EXACTLY what to look for in a switch, i work at RadioShack i can get pics and even get you a catalog # that you can take to your local RadioShack and get the right part. (we sell the superglue adhesive shit too!, it works really well.)

it's a very easy modification man, trust me.

Total Cost: $3.00 (assuming you already have wire strippers)
Est Time 4 a n00b: 2 hrs , take ur time , do it right.

Post back if you got questions. (I Don't have a RD1 so i cant refer back to sh*t, but im sure somebody here does have an RD1 and would be able to answer other questions)
Old 09-20-2004, 04:32 PM

Vehicle: FX Coupe
Default Re: I'm back photoshoot.

i just took out the map light console, i might try this i hate my lights coming on when i open the doors, i just took out the bulbs.
i have no button between the light buttons, i need a fix of some sort.

sidenote** those silicon light cover thingies don't work i had put some over my bulbs and after a month the colour had faded out to clear. POS.