Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

In Dash Dvd Install Help

Old 04-12-2005, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok here is the deal. I have an in dash dvd player I just purchased. I have a screen I already mounted a while back that I used with a Ps2. The Ps2 was just laying on the floorboards.

Here is the question. Have any of you ever installed a 2nd deck underneath the main head unit on a 1st gen? I have a little pocket under my head unit and I am wanting to ditch that and put the dvd player there. There is plenty of room, but I will probably have to trim the cover thing that goes around it. I am unsure of how to mount it. I was thinking about going to best buy or something and getting the dash kit you would buy to install an aftermarket deck, but I don't know if that is going to help. I just dont want to start hacking away on my stock parts before I am sure of how to mount everything. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks smile.gif

Chad
Old 04-13-2005, 12:22 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i dont think it will help. you could give it a try though. it may provide a good starting point. just make sure you buy it off ebay. best buy is too expensive.

there are no mounting locations on the radio support back there. not only that, it would more than likely make the dvd screen face a slightly different angle, because it curves the further down that support you go. your best bet is buying a sheet of 1/8th inch abs plastic and use a heat gun to mold it into shape along with a dremel or something to cut bits of it off.

making your own mounting bracket/bits of abs stuck together to simulate a bracket wink1.gif seems like the only route for this one.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:13 PM

^^agreed in order for this to be stable enough and look good i feel is that if you make the brakets urself. Its quite easy just get some ABS plastic and mold it together to make a mount! It will work and look tens times better! Thats exactly what im working on doing now (well not exactly) also but only one deck just moving it around a little bit.