Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Component speaker woes

Old 09-22-2004, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Heater Controls!

Hello everyone. New to forum and looking for some help. I have a 2004 Tiburon GT V6. I want to upgrade the factory system with mid-level components. I have already purchased Boston Acoustic SL95 6X9" for rear fill and a JL Audio 300/4 amp. My question is regarding component speakers for the front. I know that the stock location is 6 1/2", but Crutchfield and other car audio sites give very few options that fit in the factory openings. Has anyone had any luck with specific component sets and the factory locations? I don't want to get stuck with a set of components that will not fit. I also trying to avoid a PITA installation and to keep the car as factory as possible without having to "reinvent the door". I have been looking at the focal 165V Slim's and JL Audio XR650-CSi's. Anyone had any experience with these? I'm also concerned about tweeter installation also. I am interested in either purchasing low-profile tweeter pods or possibly installing them in the factory location if possible. Thanks for your input in advance.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:43 PM

Location: Lillington, NC & Maryville, TN when I can get there

GK's not welcome. lol

dont know squat about this just wanted to mess with you man, sorry couldn't resist

by the way hows the weather/aftermath down there?
Old 09-22-2004, 07:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Boss Head units HELP!!

you will have much better luck on www.newtiburon.com.

this website is actually intended for the 97-01 tibs.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:55 PM

In the worst case scenario,you'll have to fix MDF baffles to the doors,to space the woofers out enough.The best thing for you to do is to remove the door panel,remove the speaker,and measure the depth with the window down.That way you'll know for a fact how much depth you have to play with.

As for tweeters,the best place is on the a-pillars and angled in a x-fire.If you can't or don't want them on the a-pillars the next best place is in the dash.Same thing here.You'll have to do some 'recon' and see for yourself what size tweet can fit in there.If you go with the dash location,try to use tweets that come with flush mount swivel cups.That way you can try to angle the tweets away from the windshield as much as possible.

Good luck,and welcome aboard!!
Old 09-25-2004, 05:35 PM

Default Custom Diamond Plate Mats

Thank you MadTib. That is very helpful. I think I'm going to go with the MB Quart PCE 216 in a bi-amp configuration. Thanks for the reply.