Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Cluster Lights Not Working

Old 02-10-2008, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

So, I start up the Tib on Thursday and my cluster lights don't come on. I figured fuse but then my turn signal and my idiot lights still work it's just my speedo/tach/gas/temp gauges? I tried switching out the fuse anyways and nothing happens.

I tapped into the dimmer switch for my vent haloz so I'm thinking that may be the problem but they have been in there for at least 6 months now and I don't even turn them on anymore so I don't see how something could have happened there. So, just in case... I took off the haloz connection and looked at the wire for the dimmer and it looked good still. The strands were still connected. I guess that my next thing to check is to put a tester on the dimmer switch wire before and after that splice point?

Any ideas? What else is there?
Old 02-10-2008, 04:35 PM

i might be wrong but i thought the whole cluster was connected with a plug. maybe some how it got loose?

Do the gauges still work? just no light?
Old 02-10-2008, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

try the left or right headlight fuse in the engine bay. where did you get the vent haloz from?

i think the whole connection does go through the dimmer switch. my haloz from flyryde blew out and f up i don't know why but chances are if that's the case the voltage was miscalculated for the resistors, they got hot, the led or resistor fried and caused a short. short is probably the headlight fuse. it could be worse but i doubt it.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:49 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

It was the left headlamp fuse. I don't understand why but it was. I read that in your thread HKC when you talked about blowing it while putting in the cig lighter LED and DTN told you to check that but I was like nah... lol. Guess I should have checked anyways.

BTW, I got my haloz from chris but I haven't had them on in the past 4 of the 6 months I had them in the car so I can't imagine they were the problem in my case.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:56 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yeah i thought so! you should have seen my face when i thought all my 120+ hours spend on those damn gauges went to the drain all in less than a second. if you look at the wiring diagram the connection all goes through that fuse.

i'm almost certain he put the wrong ohm resistors on those things. mine are pretty much sealed in my headlamps and i don't feel like taking them out again so i'm focked. i'd have to take apart the headlights in the oven and redo the haloz completely. it's cool though i switched from blue to red anyways so it's a good thing they blew. maybe when i have a beard i'll get around to it. oh wait i already do.