Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

in car speaker crossover/wiring

Old 09-29-2004, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon
Default Re: Tibby01's LED Stuff

Im curious how you guys have ur incar speakers wired and crossedover to produce the quality of sound. Im thinking of changing mine because im kinda not like the performance recently..

any input would be sick.. just need some ideas or any DIY's
Old 09-29-2004, 03:17 PM

Default Re: 500 MEMBERS!!! *Whore it up for the week!*

The type of xovers,cut-off freq, and slope,depends on the type of speakers you are using.Also depends on how many speakers you are using in your soundstage,and personal preferances.Personal preferance would mostly be if you like active xovers rather then passive.

Basically, you need to give me more info on your system. wink.gif
Old 09-29-2004, 04:21 PM

Default Re: check out the "Tuscani"

My interior speakers were wired by the garage..when I first got the car I went and had the interior's replaced with with pioneers. I only want to modify the rear speakers to produce more bass because im taking out my 18 " kicker for a couple weeks. Im running 2 6x9's 300W and I want to the get the most bass i can out of them
Old 09-29-2004, 05:19 PM

Default Re: for your viewing pleasure

Technically, you should have at least, most of the mid-bass up front.Mid-bass being 50hz to about 300hz.But it sounds like you are trying to do stuff as simply as possible.

You are going to have to experiment with your 6 X 9's.If you have xovers on your amp, that's a good start.You could try low passing them at about 100hz.Then you'll have to pay attention and see if they distort on heavy bass.If so, you will have to add a hi pass to them.I'd try 50hz.Also, level has alot to do with how solid and distortion free it will come out.Let me try and break this down a little easier:

Xovers:

Like I said,experimentation needs to become your friend.I don't know what freq you are hi passing your front speakers at, but you should try low passing the X9's at or near the front freq.If you hear distortion on the X9's,then first of all make sure you have proper levels for the amp.I'll get into levels in a minute................After properly level setting, if they still distort,then you need to hi pass them.At this point,they are not able to handle certain low freq's.So a hi pass xover will be needed to block out those freq's.Again,you will need to experiment to figure out where to hi-pass them at.I'd start at 50hz.And yes, it is okay to use both a hi pass and a low pass xover at the same time.This type of xover is called a 'band-pass'.It blocks out certain low freq's and blocks out certain hi freq's, only allowing a particular range,or band,to be passed thru to the speakers.

Levels:

Level,or 'signal voltage', is very important to the system overall.In particular very important for good bass.I have found that the absoulete best way to set levels is to use a line driver between the hu and the amp(s).A line driver takes the low level signal voltage(RCA output of the hu)and cranks it up to whatever you set it at.This way,you are delivering a much larger and cleaner signal to the amp.The amp has more signal to power amplify,and it is able to do it much easier.Basically, just leave the amp gains all the way down, tweak up the line driver level, and there ya go.The line driver does most of the pre-amplification, and will make the music MUCH louder and CLEANER at any given hu volume setting.

I know I wrote alot here.I'll be waiting for questions!!
Old 09-29-2004, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Gentex Rear-View Mirrors

okay..thanks for the info
I really got no questions cuz i know wut ur talking about..
so thanks again