Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

brake lights are on, but shouldnt be

Old 01-04-2005, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Pics of my girl

i changed my head unit this evening (from stock to older tape player unit) and now after i turn the car off and take the keys out, and step on the brake pedal, i see my 3rd brake light come on, so i figure i gotta power drain somewhere.... so i pulled my battery negative. but how did this happen?? any ideas?? this was on a 2000 elantra, thanx
Old 01-05-2005, 07:10 AM

Default Re: tib 00

Well the fact you changed the hu has nothing to do with the brake light.Don't troubleshoot with the idea of the hu having caused it.

Is it only the 3rd brake light that stays on? Or are ALL the brake lights on?
Old 01-05-2005, 08:03 AM

Default Re: New Site Software

Well on my tib the brake lights light up (atleast the spoiler one, not sure about the sides) even when the key is out and the lights are off. So I dont think it is just you lol.gif
Old 01-05-2005, 08:47 AM

Default Re: FS. 1 gen Tib Pacesetter Exhaust. Brand NEW!!!

I don't think I would worry about it that much...how often are you going to stand on the brake with the car off for long enough to drain your battery. I think they all probably do it as some sort of safety thing....since you can shift into neutral and then roll, it is probably a warning for others around.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Re: SSA Exhaust

correct me if Im wrong but I think that is supposed to happen. There's nothing wrong with it..
Old 01-05-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: FS. 1 gen Tib Pacesetter Exhaust. Brand NEW!!!

you are correct, even with the keys out, the brake lights should still light up when the pedal is depressed.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: RD Tiburon Calendar

Yes,you are all correct.But I thought he was saying that if he press the brake then lets off, it is still lit. ??
Old 01-05-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: RD Tiburon Calendar

oh sh**, i did not know that, that just seems odd to me but o well, sorry for the misleading info but i have another problem...... my cluster and all center console illuminators dont come on when i put my lights on @ night time, the cluster works cuz when i turn on the car i see the function lights (cel, brake) its just when i need night lights, i also didnt use the 2 illuminator wires that were wired to the stock radio cuz i had nowhere to put them. thanx :?
Old 01-05-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: CAI filters

Is your dimmer control turned up all the way? If so, then you might have some how blew out the dimmer control. I have done that myself. If the dimmer control is not connected or blown, it will not supply power to the bulbs.

Anyway, check the dimmer switch position first.Then make sure you didn't blow a fuse.If all that looks good, then the dimmer switch PROBABLY blew.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Kspec Maintec Header/Turbo Manifold GB *FULL!!!*

hmm i didnt put that back on cuz i wanted to make sure that everything was working before i put it all back together, thanx..... will try it tomorrow