Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Bomz Seats

Old 04-06-2005, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok,

I continue the topic of seats, but this time a different brand. Anyone bought these BOMZ Racing seats? I did a search in the forums, but not much on BOMZ appeared. If so could you give your opinion on quality and durability?

Thanks. I am still looking at all the possibilities for seats. Right now Corbeau is my best choice, but if I can save money and find a good quality seat for cheap, then I will.

Thanks!!!

Randy

p.s. These seats are floating around in Ebay ..
Old 04-06-2005, 08:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

ok found a link for you but for future reference, it usually helps to get responces if you stick a link and maybe a picture of the product in your post...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...55&category=418

they look good, but i think they are new, which means you prolly will have to be the guinea pig. wink1.gif
Old 04-06-2005, 09:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Im guessing this is the same Bomz that makes cold air intakes and exhausts. If so I have heard only bad things from them. My dad had a Bomz intake in his truck and it destroyed his gas mileage and sounded horrible. I bought some seats off eBay a few months back and I really regret it. I only payed 200 but the quality is SOOOO horrible. Im sure theyll fall apart in less than a year. I think youre much better off sticking with a reputable company like bride or sparco.

When I look at tehm again they actually dont look that bad. A good quality seat should cost more than that but maybe theyre not to bad. Good luck with this
Old 04-06-2005, 09:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

an intake cannot give you bad gas mileage. only the filter and other problems with your car.

but yeah, bomz as being an obx equivalent...so you do have to just be careful.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Good seats are expensive because they are known to be good. The problem is... A no-name or starting company needs to start out cheap to be competitive (Even if it is a good quality seat). Cheap seats are just... cheap.

Who's willing to chance their life with a cheap seat even if it is of good quality? I wouldnt be that guinepig(sp)...
Old 04-06-2005, 11:22 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Just save up for a good brand. Dont get the cheap seats, you will kick yourself in the ass later when you could have had enough money saved up for nice ones smile.gif
Old 04-07-2005, 07:05 AM

QUOTE (MK3Design @ Apr 7 2005, 05:22 AM)
Just save up for a good brand. Dont get the cheap seats, you will kick yourself in the ass later when you could have had enough money saved up for nice ones smile.gif

Yah, i was questioning the cloth used in those seats. From the pics, it doesn't look very durable, and also looks like the cloth would fade from the sunlight as well.
Apparently, I think its a cotton/nylon combination.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:32 AM

Why don't you have a look at the seats of Racespex? I think they are great. The seat of the driver has a lumbar thingy, so you can pump it up, to fill the gap in your back, extra comfort..

They are made in Canada..