Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Hm, Any Help?

Old 04-08-2005, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

been working on installing some new cluster-gauges for my car, Just need to know if anyone has any installation guides online for a 97 hyundai tiburon. Ive installed the overall look and all..but heres the problem, my temperature gauge isnt reading right. any tips? or any pages that I can read up on. thanks.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:28 PM

Could have the needle down to far..Where you get them at.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You should do a search here in the forums, we've covered Needle problems many times man.

Also, the same for the cluster.

Welcome to the site.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:36 PM

Ive searched, but I havent really came into anything thats helpful, as for the needle Its basically the stock ones. maybe someone didnt inform me on needing different needles? I dont know..as of having them down too tight I can check that.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:50 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

what you mean it's not reading right? Does it stay at cold all the time? Turn your car on and let it idle for a while (until it would usually be warm). Then take off gauge cluster plastic cover piece (with car off) and then start car....place needle on in the warm position )middle. Be sure to put the needle striaght on (don't put it on at cold then turn it to warm....it won't work that way.

If you don't feel like letting your car idle for a while just do this after you have driving somewhere and you know the engine is warm.

What other problems are you having? or is that it?
Old 04-08-2005, 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Patreezy @ Apr 8 2005, 06:50 PM)
what you mean it's not reading right? Does it stay at cold all the time? Turn your car on and let it idle for a while (until it would usually be warm). Then take off gauge cluster plastic cover piece (with car off) and then start car....place needle on in the warm position )middle. Be sure to put the needle striaght on (don't put it on at cold then turn it to warm....it won't work that way.

If you don't feel like letting your car idle for a while just do this after you have driving somewhere and you know the engine is warm.

What other problems are you having? or is that it?

that was the only problem, cause the tach/speedometer reads fine, just the water temp gauge. anyway, I`ll deff. try that, but at first when I put it on. It would shoot right to the top like jesus christ hot. ya know where the needle should never be at.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:00 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

^^^Patreezy, you were first wink1.gif

Did you take off needles when you installed your new gauge?

If yes you probably put temp needle wrong.

If you hadn't any heating problems (when you drive needle at hot engine was between 2 dots) you can take temp need off, then heat up your engine (best is to drive some time, maybe 20-30 minutes) then put your needle back at the center of the scale (where 2 dots should be).

If you want more exact needle adjusting you can go to a dealer and they can tell you exact temp of the engine (they read it by scaner), and you can put needle there.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:07 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

online installation guide for 1997 Hyundai Tiburon (and any other Hyundai):

www.hmaservice.com/webtech

It has helped me find numerous screws and plastic pop-off's that were previously impossible to find by myself. It should be able to help you with any disassembly and re-assembly of your car (inside and out).

-Patrick
Old 04-08-2005, 03:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

moving to interior.

Do what patreezy said. Have you removed any of the needles?
Old 04-08-2005, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

if i'm not mistaken, the temp gauge is the only one that you can put on and it doesn't matter where you put it on... it'll move to the proper area

you could have it pushed in too hard, causing it not to move freely