Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Blower Motor

Old 01-31-2008, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

I need to clean/change my blower motor, it started making an annoying sound. I also probably need to clean the evaporator (or drain), it smells funny sometimes. Any advice on how to do this? I looked on HMA and it seems pretty complicated (removal of the entire crashpad?) Did anybody take apart the HVAC system on a tibby? Any tips?
Old 01-31-2008, 09:21 PM

Yah I know ive seen a thread about this before but idk where its at, id also like to know about it in more detail, mine smells weird when i firts turn it on somtimes.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:31 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Let me know if you find that thread. My AC blows hard but my heater is teh suck. I need to take apart my heater coil and clean it. I don't want to be the guy who writes the "what not do DIY".
Old 01-31-2008, 10:31 PM

^^ Actually, I found your post in this thread:
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtop...442&hl=hvac
I'm glad it's so easy (as in not necessary to remove the whole evaporator and whatnot) to take off the blower, I might get a replacement one and swap them out.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:33 PM
DTN

Oh, you were looking for that! I'm sorry. I was thinking you were talking about something else.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:39 PM

Well, I'm also interested in cleaning up the evaporator fins and/or drain, i get a weird smell after using it sometimes. I tried to spray Lysol into the air intake (near the wipers), but it didn't help too much. Maybe the drain is a little clogged and water gets trapped inside..
Old 02-01-2008, 12:21 AM

I also get this foul smell, every once in a while, but I never knew what was causing it. I just ended up ignoring it 'cause it only does it very rarely and only for a few seconds.

I did notice some noise coming from my blower motor. It started happening about 1 year ago, and it sounds like someone else described: some tape getting in the way of the fan as it moves. I can only notice this noise at the 1st or 2nd setting.

Now I know what to look for :-)
Old 02-01-2008, 03:37 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

its cause theres no filter on the intake for the heater/ac... we need a diy to clean that crap out!

dtn, i bet leaves and crap are stuck around ur heater core. although i dn where it is... rolleyes.gif
Old 02-01-2008, 04:47 PM
DTN

^^ you're probly right. When I figure out how to clean that thing I'm sure I'm going to find at least 20 crimp connectors and a few small jewelers screw drivers. I'm going to tear apart that stuff this year some time and I'll write a DIY.

Lysol and simple green worked for my car getting rid of the smell.