Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Audio 101... Whats Some Good Companies ?

Old 01-30-2006, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, i'm not too hardcore into the audio scene but i want to get a system for my tib this summer.

I don't want to cheap out and get a crappy system.. i want a good system
Whats everyones suggestions in terms of brand and specs i should get?

I will probably go with two 12"s but don't know what kind to get..
don't know what kind of amp is good, how many watts is considered good

Please feel free and just talk about this stuff to help a brotha out mangzzz

thanks
in
advance
Old 01-30-2006, 08:02 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

well here is a few things you can do

you can buy the subs i have in the closet for 80 bux plus shipping (2 pioneer 400 watt 12s has a box)

or look for a solo-baric sub from kicker
those friggin things POUND

click here
just one of those will set off car alarms just make sure you get a quality amp like a jl audio 1000.1 amp i love those things they have a regulated wattage supply meaning almost no matter how you set it up you get the same amount of power to the subs
Old 01-31-2006, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I'm a huge fan of Diamond Audio. I have two 15's and they're honestly the loudest 15's I've ever heard, and I only have 500w Rockford amp pushing both of them. Kicker Solobaric L5 and L7's are also good.

Make sure you get a good quality component set, that makes all the difference. Diamond Audio is hard to find, they only have a few select dealers scattered across the country. In Middle Tennessee, there is only one company that sells them. They're rare but special... unlike Solo-Baric, Sony, or anything else that you can find on every street corner
Old 01-31-2006, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I'm a huge fan of Diamond Audio. I have two 15's and they're honestly the loudest 15's I've ever heard, and I only have 500w Rockford amp pushing both of them. Kicker Solobaric L5 and L7's are also good.

Make sure you get a good quality component set, that makes all the difference. Diamond Audio is hard to find, they only have a few select dealers scattered across the country. In Middle Tennessee, there is only one company that sells them. They're rare but special... unlike Solo-Baric, Sony, or anything else that you can find on every street corner
Old 01-31-2006, 01:31 PM

JL Audio! I have a 12W-6 that I've had for about 6 years now....no problems. The thing hits so hard, my friends can't believe there is only one sub in my trunk. Their component speakers are so crisp and clear at high volumes and I've had them for 6 years also and never had a problem with them either. I'm not huge into the scene and never really had anything else, but I'm definetly sticking with JL. Ohhh I almost bought some Polk tweeters!

As for head units I've only ever had Pioneer Premier. I've had 2 decks now. I had to replace the first unit because it stopped reading cd's, but I upgraded to MP3 so it was all good. I'd say I'm 95% satisfied with them.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:31 PM

JL Audio! I have a 12W-6 that I've had for about 6 years now....no problems. The thing hits so hard, my friends can't believe there is only one sub in my trunk. Their component speakers are so crisp and clear at high volumes and I've had them for 6 years also and never had a problem with them either. I'm not huge into the scene and never really had anything else, but I'm definetly sticking with JL. Ohhh I almost bought some Polk tweeters!

As for head units I've only ever had Pioneer Premier. I've had 2 decks now. I had to replace the first unit because it stopped reading cd's, but I upgraded to MP3 so it was all good. I'd say I'm 95% satisfied with them.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:50 PM

cool.. thanks for the suggestions guys..

now i know puting together a system isn't just random picking and choosing.. what i mean is, they all work together (subs, speakers, amp, deck) so you have to buy each component to match the other components..

so how do i start off? how do i match an amp with a sub? do i match up by specs?
Old 02-01-2006, 10:50 PM

cool.. thanks for the suggestions guys..

now i know puting together a system isn't just random picking and choosing.. what i mean is, they all work together (subs, speakers, amp, deck) so you have to buy each component to match the other components..

so how do i start off? how do i match an amp with a sub? do i match up by specs?
Old 02-02-2006, 09:37 AM

Head Unit (HU): Thats the "brains" of it all. You have a crappy HU you have a crappy system no matter what. Id go with an Eclipse or Alpine HU. They are without a doubt the best. I prefer Eclipse. When it comes to modles; take the middle quality HU they offer and get anything above that. They both make great stuff no matter what, but its all about options. The more expensive and higher end you get, the more options youll have. The quality will be there in all of them though.
- Things to look for:
Pre-amp output - This will give you an output for your subs that can be controled via your HU. Itll be an RCA output that plugs right into your amp.
Mp3 Playback - THis means the HU can play a CD with Mp3's on it. Great thing to have.
Recommedation

Subs: JL Audio W3's or W6's. Nothing else than that. These are the best. If you have the money get a W7. But that is pretty much the best sub on the market. Dont be fooled by the small amount of power and small air space needed. These subs pound HARD.
Recomedation

Amps: This depends on the sub and interior speakers you get. Whatever sub or interior speakers you get, look at the MAX power and the RMS power. You want an amp that is in the middle of those 2 number or higher up to the MAX power. Its always best to get an amp that puts out a little more than what you need and then turn it down a little. You gotta have an amp thats at least the RMS but not more than the MAX.
- Things to look for
monoblock amp - For your subs you want a mono amp not stereo.
stereo or 2 channel amp - You want this for your interiors. You dont have to amp your interiors but some people do for more volume and quality.
Go with a JL or Pheonix Gold amp.

Interiors - Older MB Quarts, JL Audio or maybe Memphis. This all depends on what you want. If you go with these brands you'll be good. Ive got older MB's and they are very very nice. The tiburon uses 6.5" up front and 6x9's in the back. You can get coaxial (tweeter and mid woffer are together) or components (mid woffer goes in the door and the tweeter gets mounted somewhere else). Componets are best to go with becuase you get put the tweeters in a better location.
Recommendation - 6.5"
Recommendation - 6x9"
Old 02-02-2006, 09:37 AM

Head Unit (HU): Thats the "brains" of it all. You have a crappy HU you have a crappy system no matter what. Id go with an Eclipse or Alpine HU. They are without a doubt the best. I prefer Eclipse. When it comes to modles; take the middle quality HU they offer and get anything above that. They both make great stuff no matter what, but its all about options. The more expensive and higher end you get, the more options youll have. The quality will be there in all of them though.
- Things to look for:
Pre-amp output - This will give you an output for your subs that can be controled via your HU. Itll be an RCA output that plugs right into your amp.
Mp3 Playback - THis means the HU can play a CD with Mp3's on it. Great thing to have.
Recommedation

Subs: JL Audio W3's or W6's. Nothing else than that. These are the best. If you have the money get a W7. But that is pretty much the best sub on the market. Dont be fooled by the small amount of power and small air space needed. These subs pound HARD.
Recomedation

Amps: This depends on the sub and interior speakers you get. Whatever sub or interior speakers you get, look at the MAX power and the RMS power. You want an amp that is in the middle of those 2 number or higher up to the MAX power. Its always best to get an amp that puts out a little more than what you need and then turn it down a little. You gotta have an amp thats at least the RMS but not more than the MAX.
- Things to look for
monoblock amp - For your subs you want a mono amp not stereo.
stereo or 2 channel amp - You want this for your interiors. You dont have to amp your interiors but some people do for more volume and quality.
Go with a JL or Pheonix Gold amp.

Interiors - Older MB Quarts, JL Audio or maybe Memphis. This all depends on what you want. If you go with these brands you'll be good. Ive got older MB's and they are very very nice. The tiburon uses 6.5" up front and 6x9's in the back. You can get coaxial (tweeter and mid woffer are together) or components (mid woffer goes in the door and the tweeter gets mounted somewhere else). Componets are best to go with becuase you get put the tweeters in a better location.
Recommendation - 6.5"
Recommendation - 6x9"