Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

APC gauge probs and more.

Old 05-20-2001, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 2.0
Default APC gauge probs and more.

Well after reading all of the messages about the gauges im thinking about getting them done professionally....what do you guys think? I'm having probs getting them on....does anyone know a website or a place to get specific instructions on installing them on a 99 tiburon?....The biggest problem im having right now is getting the dash apart. When you take off the top part of the dash do you need to take off the bottom too? I guess they are latched together or something. I was trying to do that but unfortunately i cant even take off the bottom part! how sad..... anyways...if anyone can give me a step by step tutorial on how to take off my dash to get to the gauges that would be a BIG help. also if there are little other things that i have to do that aren't on the normal instructions that apc provided(which really suck). I guess there are heater precautions i should look at or something? Well, everything seems like a big hassle.....

My other question was.....for the back speakers....the 6by9s.....how do you get to take off the grill/screen part of the speakers?....geez...korean cars sure are more complicated than ur normal japanese cars...

Any help is much appreciated....thanks all..

DeK3
Old 05-20-2001, 05:18 PM

For the 6x9's, I just pryed off the grill with a small flathead screwdriver..be careful not to mar the surrounding plastic molding. This is assuming that the '99 Tib's rear panels are the same as my '00.

I received your email DeK3, I'll post instructions on the dash tommorow morning...it's 2:15 and I'm beat.

M1K3
Old 05-20-2001, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Dek3-

I'm 99% done with my gauge install instructions. They will go up late monday night. I will e-mail you when I post them. They should solve your dash problems. The wiring of the "glo" gauges is another story... Let's tackle the "install" first.

Hell, U R just up in Santa Clara. If you come down for any of the Events Memorial Day weekend, I can have them up and running in about an hour....

[ May 21, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 05-20-2001, 11:18 PM

Phew...looks like Randomaka "The Man" will save me alot of typing.

Wiring is easy, it's a simple two lead setup. I have it where the amp/transformer (the black box) is near my center console and tucked under the lower dash, below and to the right of the steering column. I then have the leads from the box running under my stereo. Since my cd player is aftermarket I just splice the ground into the ground of my stereo wiring harness. The positive lead is spliced into the "dimmer" lead of the wiring harness. This way when you turn on your lights the gauges go on as normal. As easy as it may be *Dont use the factory dash dimmer switch below left of the steering column* It says so in the instructions but I just wanted to reiterate it. And btw, since the switch is Indiglo too, it looks nice in plain view...on your dash or something. If you have any more questions after Random's instructions let us know.

M1K3
Old 05-21-2001, 12:23 AM

DeK3, I am having the same problems as you are, or where having with the gauges, I ordered the gauges from sharkracing and I did try to attempt to change the gauges and I took all the screws out and still the damn thing doesn't come off. So if you did accomplish this task, please email me and let me know how you achieved this task.....
Confused In Fremont, CA
2000 Green Tibby
Old 05-21-2001, 12:26 AM

DEK3, Damn I just noticed that you live a few miles from me, what color is your tibby! I drive a green one with extra set of yellow fog lamps on, I drive though the alameda and into San Jose often.