Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Amplifier recomendation

Old 09-01-2004, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Spike is working on creating fenders for the Tiburon.

Hey guyz,

Wanted to recomend an amplifier for any one who is looking/thinking about upgrading or just starting out.

In my last few cars,I used Fosgate amps exclusively.Once I began planning the system for the Tib, I deceided to go with a different brand.I went with the Alpine MRV-F450 and the Alpine MRV-F320.I used those for some time,and recently deceided to scale down.Sold the 5ch,then put everything on the 4ch.Well, I never noticed it before but I had a couple problems with the 4ch amp.So I quickly deceided to do some research and maybe switch up on my amp.

The amp I deceided on is the new Fosgate Punch, 4004,400W 4ch.And I'll tell ya what.This thing rocks in every way,shape,and form!! The installation is very nice and easy.All terminals are clearly noted.No need to terminate your wires with spade connectors.The power and speaker wire blocks are set up with compression screws.Not alan set screws,either.Actual phillips head screws!!

Sound quality is excellant.The mid-range seems to have a nice warm feel to it.The trebble is crisp and clear without ripping your ears appart.The bass.....................OHHhhhh my God, I'm in heaven!!! Increadibly tight punchy and accurate.Another thing I love about this amp is the wired Punch Bass remote.It is preset at 45hz, but of course you have remote control over the amount of boost at 45Hz.It's basically a single band Eq for the bass.If I want, Fosgate has an upgrade to the remote which allows for selecting the center freq.Pretty nice!!

Needless to say, I'm back to Fosgate!! tongue.gif At least as for their amps.

Q's/comments.................let me know.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Need to sell RD 380cc injectors..

i've had fosgate. I have a 1500bd till it got jacked. Now im running audiobahn a nd i think they sound better. But I have diff subs now too.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:53 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: How many interseted in gullwing doors?

Yeah I love Rockford, but they are too recognizable. Chumps like punking stuff that "looks" like it would fetch a decent buck. Rockford has got a good name but there are better out there for sure.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Zefiro Gen I frp vent hood

I've been eyeballing that amp, so I was happy to see this post. How do you have it wired?

I was thinking of using it to power my fronts, wired at 4 ohms, which should give me 50 x 2 rms, right?

What about the sub? I just want a single 10, maybe eventually a pair. How would you wire them and what power would I get?
Old 09-02-2004, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Rough Ride When Braking

It's rated for 50Wrms x 4 @ 4ohms, 100Wrms x 4 @ 2ohms, and 200Wrms x 2 bridged.

I'm powering my front components on the front 2ch's and my 2 front subs are in stereo on the 2 rear ch's.

As for your case, you could very easily bridge a single 4ohm sub to the rear ch's,and you'd have 200Wrms.If you wanted to to 2 subs you could do one of the following:

(1) Use 2 DVC subs that are rated for 4ohms per coil,Wire the coils in parallel for 2ohms,then connect the subs to the rear ch's of the amp in stereo.

(2)Use 2 DVC subs that have 4 ohm coils.Wire the coils in series so each sub is 8ohms.Wire the 2 subs to each other in parallel for a total of 4 ohms.Then bridge that to the 2 rear ch's.

(3)Use 2 SVC subs that are 4 ohms.Wire the 2 together in series for 8ohms.Then bridge that to the 2 rear ch's.

(4)Use 2 SVC subs that are 8ohm.Wire the 2 together in parallel for 4ohms.Then bridge that to the 2 rear ch's.

There are several ways to go about it.Just remember that with this particular amp, you can not bridge the amp with a total impeadance of 2ohms or less.Has to be 4ohms or more.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:13 PM

Default Re: EBC Greenstuff

QUOTE (MADTIB)
It's rated for 50Wrms x 4 @ 4ohms, 100Wrms x 4 @ 2ohms, and 200Wrms x 2 bridged.

I'm powering my front components on the front 2ch's and my 2 front subs are in stereo on the 2 rear ch's.

As for your case, you could very easily bridge a single 4ohm sub to the rear ch's,and you'd have 200Wrms.If you wanted to to 2 subs you could do one of the following:

(1) Use 2 DVC subs that are rated for 4ohms per coil,Wire the coils in parallel for 2ohms,then connect the subs to the rear ch's of the amp in stereo.

(2)Use 2 DVC subs that have 4 ohm coils.Wire the coils in series so each sub is 8ohms.Wire the 2 subs to each other in parallel for a total of 4 ohms.Then bridge that to the 2 rear ch's.

(3)Use 2 SVC subs that are 4 ohms.Wire the 2 together in series for 8ohms.Then bridge that to the 2 rear ch's.

(4)Use 2 SVC subs that are 8ohm.Wire the 2 together in parallel for 4ohms.Then bridge that to the 2 rear ch's.

There are several ways to go about it.Just remember that with this particular amp, you can not bridge the amp with a total impeadance of 2ohms or less.Has to be 4ohms or more.

OK, I think you answered my question, which was, can the front and rear channels be running different impedances and outputs. The answer seems to be yes. I could hve my door speakers on the front channel at 4 ohms, and the sub on the rear, 4 ohms bridged.

Sweetness, now I just gotta sell my Audiobahn and Alpine amps. Any takers?
Old 09-02-2004, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Gauge Group Buy GREAT DEAL from Splitfire!! NOW TAKING M

The answer to your question is yes.

I'm not sure about Audiobahn, but I know Alpine amps sell very well on E-bay.