Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Alpine Audio Working Off And On

Old 01-29-2008, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Title says it all... installed my alpine stereo a few weeks ago...

been having some extreme cold in the Midwest..

When i turn my car on in the morning for school... the radio wont work... but just as im about to get out of my car... and i hit the power button to see if its working... it finally turns on.

i double checked my wiring and it looks fine... only worry is that i had to strip the wires from the old stereo and re do some shit cuz the last owner rushed through it.

basically what im saying is... should there be any concern that something is wrong with my stereo? or should i just assume its the cold.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

Heat will cause a problem in electronics before cold will.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:48 PM

thats what i thought also.

quick update... i had the faceplate off for a good 5 hours... then went back out and put it in before i left.... didnt work.
However, this time... it didnt work for a long time.

i drove probably 10 miles and still didn't work. i disconnected the faceplate and kinda blew warm air into the connections on both the faceplate and the indash stereo... it then finally worked....

today was probably the worst day for my stereo and its 5 degrees F, and this is an average day....