Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Alarm Install

Old 10-22-2005, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

Well, before the winter sets in I am definitely going to try and get an alarm with remote start.

Since I plan on having a car-pc done in a few months, I am looking at the Clifford G5's because they have this nifty little feature where you can program all the alarm features from a computer, rather than try to sit with that damn 4 button remote and program stuff for hours.

So, in my quest I managed to find an Arrow 5 for about $150 shipped, then the Intellistart accessory is an additional $100.

My question comes in with the installation, I searched and got some numbers of Clifford dealers to see if they'll install a system not purchased from them, I'll call on Monday. Does anyone here have experience wiring alarms? And I'm sort of skeptical to go with a professional install because I've heard some nightmare stories of the dumbass places that install alarms. I managed to leech the wiring diagrams and instructions for all Clifford and Viper alarms, but I've never done this much wiring in my life, most difficult thing I've ever done was install haloz, EL pedals, and EL gauges. Once I saw pictures once of a tib's entire steering wheel and dash completely off and I freaked out lol..anyone have any suggestions? What if I just went to the dealer, any estimates on how much they'd charge me to install the alarm + remote start? Or is there anyone who lives around the MN/WI area and has experience that might wanna give me a hand and save me on getting raped by the dealer laugh.gif?

thanks..
Old 10-23-2005, 12:31 AM

Moving to ICE
Old 10-23-2005, 12:32 AM

Thanks for the move ... any input though??
Old 10-23-2005, 08:47 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I installed my own alarm zoned. It's not hard but just time consuming. If you have wiring diagrams is shouldn't be to difficult. I have a page around with certain wire colors and location of the wires which might become useful smile.gif
Old 10-23-2005, 12:59 PM

Best Buy can do it for cheap...

I have an aftermarket alarm and it is pure CRAP. It started going off WHILE I was driving, to the point where I had to disconnect the siren by cutting the wires.

I think factory alarms are the way to go.

BTW, not to hack this thread but would Hyundai be able to install a factory alarm on my car?
Old 10-23-2005, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Why would you want a factory alarm? Have you seen Hyundai factory alarms? LOL

Get a good aftermarket alarm and don't waste your money on a factory alarm plus having Hyundai rip you off for installation. Easy 500$ your looking at, why spend it on a factory alarm?

I've had my alarm installed now for half a year, and no problems. I love it. It's a Viper.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

dude, give it a try. its simple wiring, its just a lot of it. i showed pictures of my car all torn apart because thats where i want to put it, and im doing other things at the same time that require the crash pad out.

just make sure you have a back up car in place to make sure you dont rush and do a shitty job.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:23 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX

Most of your connections will be done under the steering column at the harnesses coming from your ignition. It's really simple actually:

12v- at ignition
Ign- " "
Starter- cut starter wire for starter kill relay at ignition
Ground- body
Door trigger- you can find this in the drivers side kick panel or you can go right to the plungers in the door jam

parking lights- harness from steering column
door locks- you will need to install an actuator in the drivers door
horn- harness from steering column
trunk pin- drivers side kick panel near door trigger

Make sure you use a multimeter or airbag safe test light and test every wire. When I did mine the first time Directed's(viper), wire magic, and bulldog wire colors were completely wrong, they were in the right locations though.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:16 AM

I'm hopefully getting a job at best buy within the next week .. maybe I should just wait and make friends with a co-worker in the automotive area, lol.

2kshark, didnt you have an ATV alarm? i used to have one of those on the blue tib and it was a POS..
i'm getting a clifford this time around, no more bs.