Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Aftermarket Gauges???

Old 11-28-2003, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the point of putting in these gauges? Many of you on here have bought the triple A-pod pillar and put in aftermarket gauges. What is the point to these different gauges? I figure if they aren't in the car in the first place they aren't needed. Could someone please help me out here by listing the different gauges, what they do, and how someone would use it? Thanks
Old 11-28-2003, 03:27 AM
nik

Default Aftermarket Gauges???

i think in non tuned cars they are just for show, but i think for people with turbos they are needed as the oil temp and pressure can get high etc
Old 11-28-2003, 05:07 AM

I personally do Solo - Auto X competition so I need to know about thinks like oil preasure and event voltage, I had my engine light coming on in the past just because of my voltage being too high during compitition, bet you never hear of that...

BTW I bought one of those Triple A-Pod pillar, can't wait to get it.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:14 AM

to put it bluntly.. the gages in a modern car are insufficent. If you have ever driven an older car with a temp gage.. you will know that an engine does NOT hold a perfect tempeture like the gage on your car tells you. It rises and falls with what you are doing.

Yes, modern engines are a LOT more reliable than the older variety.. if only for the quality of thier seals and bearings.. but a good set of gages can alert you to a problem long before you have one.
Old 11-28-2003, 07:34 AM

Default wheel off set for 2.5 inch drop

They don't call those little lights on new dashes "Idiot Lights" for nothing you know wink1.gif
Old 11-28-2003, 05:39 PM

Very true.. my last car.. also a hyundai, an 88 excel.. I had the water pump bearing go.. it was spitting water as I went down the road. The temp gage did not move at ALL until it was almost empty of coolant.