Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

2009 Sonata Stereo Swap

Old 11-21-2008, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS
Thumbs up 2009 Sonata Stereo Swap

Hi all! I want to put the factory 6 disc Infinity head unit in my 09 Sonata GLS. I just have the stock radio now. What is involved in the swap? Will I need special speakers like Bose units have, or will the stock ones work? I guess I Will have to find the amp as well, right? Has anyone upgraded like this, and if so, what did you run into? Thanks!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Just FYI that will probably be a lot more expensive and more work than installing a full aftermarket stereo system.

You'll need new speakers, but I suggest aftermarket speakers they're better anyways.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata GLS

QUOTE(187sks @ Nov 21 2008, 09:37 AM)
Just FYI that will probably be a lot more expensive and more work than installing a full aftermarket stereo system.

You'll need new speakers, but I suggest aftermarket speakers they're better anyways.

I don't want aftermarket because I want to keep the stock look. I found a brand new 09 Sonata Infinity head unit for $119. It was taken out of a new car at a dealer to put in a nav system for the person who just bought it. I figured that wasn't too bad for an Infinity 6 disc changer. I had the Bose 6 disc changer in my truck and was spoiled by it. I hate external changers. What about an amp? I'm not too knowledgeable about Infinity systems. I put a Monsoon system out of a Trans Am in my Grand Prix, that wasn't too bad. I know Monsoon and Bose, never dealt with Infinity.