Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

2 Annoying Rattles, Help!

Old 04-16-2008, 07:57 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I need some help as to how to fix these rattles

I've been hearing something kinda springy from the passenger side for 6 months now. I try to get a passenger to identify it, but it goes away. Today I smacked my seat really hard and heard the annoying springy rattle. After moving to the passenger side to troubleshoot, I found it was the seatbelt buckle. The sound was bouncing off of the center console, off of the door and making it sound like it was comming from all over the passenger side. whatever the problem, its the left/right motion of the seat belt buckle which is making the noise. How can I fix that?

Here's the other problem. It's the passenger door lock. it is loose and makes noise as I'm driving. I wrapped some electrical solder around the u shaped bracket which slides the piece up and down. I just don't know how to make it more perminant. Here's a video

Maybe some shrink wrap would work?

I still need to know how to make the seat belt stop rattling. It looks like it requires a T5 Torx screw driver to get in. I don't have one of those.

what could be causing the seat belt buckle to make noise and what would I need to fix it?
Old 04-16-2008, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the seatbelt problem if you cant tighten the bolt then you could put something paded between the seatbelt and whatever its hitting. or you could just go to sears or somewhere get the torques you need and then just take it back when you done.