Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

10" sub enclosure type / amp enclosure thingy

Old 11-07-2004, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Auto trany problems

i've been overwhelmed by new enclosure types tonight.....i want to know which ones 10" subs would benifit the most from. i seen so much stuff, for example

ported, sealed, and like 5 other types! um, can someone plz explain this to me better?!

i am looking into getting 4 10" subs for my tib and need to create a new enclosure. the only thing i know for sure is i would like to have them at an angle pointing up slightly and have the amp in a wood cut out at a 45 degree angle up to the subs, heres an idea with only 2 subs

heres the what im doing with the amp....

and heres just ONE idea i had with four subs, i dont know how this would work with sound quality or losing dbs from the subs(i dont know much bout sub positioning).

hmmm why doesnt that last link work!?

Edit: How would 10" subs sound in a downfiring position?
Old 11-08-2004, 11:59 AM

Default Re: The Legitimacy of our 1/4 miles

If you really want 4 10" subs, the easiest enclosure type to design and build will be sealed.Sealed enclosures are not as efficient as ported or bandpass, but generally have better Sq and deeper low bass extension.In your case with 4 10's, I don't think you will have very good Sq or low bass extension.Why??

(1)You probably won't have enough room in your Tib for a large enough enclosure, that will support 4 10's to be able to play low bass.You will have TONS, of bass in the mid-bass and highly directional and boooomy upper bass regions.

(2)Your overall Sq will not be very good, unless you use an Eq and do some serious cutting between 100 and 250Hz.Or, you will need alot of power applied to your mid-bass/mid-range speakers.

I don't know exactly what your goal is.It seems to me that you really just want lots of bass and don't care much about the rest.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:41 PM

Default Re: what guages to get for boost??

eh, im really just playing around with some ideas.....i dont know much bout audio but ive learned a lot in the last couple of days. what u say is true though, ill have to go back to the drawning board and come up with new ideas, i might just go with 2 phoenix gold ti10s(i already have one and love it) it got that new amp and i just was playing around with some ideas on how to use the power.....

ok, well now ive kinda talked to friends some more and im thinking of 12's and dont know what are good companies.....any ideas?
Old 11-08-2004, 05:20 PM

Default Re: My new CAI

Yeah, there are alot of things to consider when designing a stereo system.The thing that I have found out through my experiences is that it's best to keep things as simple as possible,and at the same time meet your personal goals.You don't necessarily need lots of subs and lots of power.Unless you KNOW that's what you wanna do.If you want a pretty nice system that is fun to listen to, has good or great sound quality, and doesn't cause listening fatigue after 10 minutes of listening, then you would be better off with 1 or 2 8's, one or 2 10's, or maybe one 12".

Also remember, alot of the way the bass and other parts of the spectrum will sound has alot to do with the way you tweak things and the way you place/position the speakers.For example, my bass set up consists of 2 6.75" JL subs.They are 8ohm, have only about 35Wrms on each,and are placed in front of me in the door panels.If I sat you in my car and didn't tell you about the sub system, you'd swear I had at least one 10" sub.

Basically, the morale of the story is,be smart!! Most people would have you beleive you need to spend a ton o money to have something awesome sounding.

As far as 12's are concerned, it is the same story as for 10's or anything else.Go with one of the big brands, pay attention to the specs,and if possible, listen to a few.I personally like JL and Fosgate alot.You have PG right now, and you like that,right? So maybe stick with PG.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:26 PM

Default Re: dyno

im looking into pheonix gold xenion 12" and also orion h2, or maybe the RE XXX's.....dunno where to find prices on the RE's ....dang
Old 11-08-2004, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Halo 2 Tourney!

QUOTE (00Tibby)
im looking into pheonix gold xenion 12" and also orion h2, or maybe the RE XXX's.....dunno where to find prices on the RE's ....dang

The RE XXX will run you close to $400. The SX series has similar SPL, but the sound quality isn't quite as good (although it's still fantastic). They are $270 shipped if you're on more of a budget.

You can also check out subs from Adire. I have a 12" Brahma, and it's loud enough to cause hearing damage.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:23 PM

Default Re: My new CAI

spice, do the brahma's give off a lot of vibration in the car....i really like vibration....smile.gif and how much ar brahma's
Old 11-08-2004, 08:19 PM

Default Cuda 2 Kit?

The Brahma is roughly the same price as the XXX, although I got my 12" Brahma for $330 from easy-audio.com. It was a reconed model, but looks and sounds good as new to me. It's loud enough to make my nose hairs tingle.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:23 PM

Default Re: 10" sub enclosure type / amp enclosure thingy

another option i think i might go with untill i know exactly what i want, i think i just need to play with setups a little more.....see what i like and dont like. anyways a setup like this pic but with only 3 10" phoenix gold titainum 10 subs

Old 11-08-2004, 08:59 PM

Default Re: What is the best way to start with an automatic......??

Problem with 3 subs is if they are 2 or 4 ohm.You won't be able to wire them for the correct total impeadance.Unless the amp you're going with can handle a .5 or 1ohm load, bridged.