Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

'00 SE Clarion stereo specs?

Old 01-13-2005, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '00 SE Clarion stereo specs?

Well, I just landed the car I've wanted since high school. I've got a 2000 Tiburon SE coming my way soon, but it's in another province at the moment.

I've been doing some digging, but I can't find any information on the SE's Clarion stereo.

Can you guys help me out and post what you know about it? How does it sound, how big is it, etc. I want to know if it's worth me ripping the dash to pieces to install my Pioneer 200W DEH3400.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2005, 04:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i would replace it. an aftermarket one will make the stock speakers sound a lot better. its really easy to do too. you will need to order a metra dash kit for the reciever to fit into the opening correctly, becuase the sotck one is a VERY odd shape. you dont even need a screwdriver to get to the stock one, as all the interior panels pop off via clips. once you get to the radio, its 4 scews total.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I had one in my tib for awhile, got it from Canadia, it's allright, but underpowered as hell.

Not a lot of options either.

Get a new stereo.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:12 PM

Just clips you say? I don't have to worry about breaking/screwing-up the temperature control pulleys or anything?

Is it 160W? I forget...
Old 01-13-2005, 07:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You wont have to remove anything near the heater controls. There is a DIY here somewhere on how to remove it. Basically, you pull up on the shifter surround and that comes off. Next pull the stereo surround away from the dash and it comes right off. You are free to play with the radio smile.gif
Old 01-13-2005, 07:31 PM

That doesn't sound so bad. I had to rip and tear at my Elantra to get the radio out. I just sold the Elantra and had to remove my stereo and replace it with the stock unit. What a nightmare. It was probably an easy install to do, but chances are I'm just too impatient and not too bright.

So, I'm not looking forward to another install on my shiny new Tiburon. I hope it's as easy as you say. wink1.gif

EDIT: I think I have an alarm system coming... I hope I'm not in for a fight with it.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

the only thing you want to be careful of is:

a: not pulling on skinny parts of the plastic panels
b: dont pull so far out that you rip the wires for the cig lighter to shit. you have like a foot of slack though, so if you do rip it out, you prolly deserve to have a non-functional cig lighter. wink1.gif
Old 01-14-2005, 07:09 PM

I probably deserve worse than that; everything I touch ends up getting messed up somehow.

Just as long as I don't have to mess with that damn pulley for the heater. mad.gif

EDIT: This might sound like a stupid question, but I won't trip the alarm if the battery is disconnected, right?

I found the DIY on the boards here today, in case somebody stumbles into this thread looking for it. http://hmaservice.com/webtech/iindex.asp?i...id=12235#_12235