Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

Will Hyundai fix my fading paint?

Old 11-25-2012, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster
Default Will Hyundai fix my fading paint?

I saw yesterday that the paint on my quarter panel on the passenger side is fading a little. The car is less than a year old. Im going to go back to the dealer and complain about it but is there something I should say specifically to them so that they repaint the area? A brand new car should not be having these problems and I just dont want the dealer to give me crap about it. Anybody else having paint problems with their Velosters?
Old 11-25-2012, 05:29 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I had paint problems with my wife's accent when it was new. Hyundai was no help. They fixed a rust bubble by getting someone to come in a paint it in the parking lot!? No proper prep, just a quick sand and spray it! It looked better with the rust bubbles.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Probably depends heavily on the dealer, and on how much and where you complain
Old 11-25-2012, 06:43 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

If the Veloster is less than a year old, i would be going back to the dealer and ask for it to be fixed. its not unreasonable, i would go back to your salesman and talk to them first. Remember they are a business and they want to make their customer happy (or at least they should)

Good Luck
Old 11-25-2012, 08:29 PM

In my experience, once the dealership has your money, they don't really give a f%&k. My dealership got too big/busy in a short time around the same time I bought my wife's 07 Accent. Customer service went out the door along with my favorite salesman When the car went in to be fixed (rust bubbles on drivers side rear wheel well), the service manager told me that the quick fix/spray method is all Hyundai would allow/pay for, and even agreed with me that the repair looked horrible after it was re-sprayed. They tried to "fix" the paint 3 times before I finally said screw it and accepted the car, I didn't expect it to look new, but you could obviously see where it was painted/repaired. A few years later the rust bubbles have come back, along with a bigger one on the rear hatch right at the bottom of the rear window. The car is now 6 years old...... whatever. My never winter driven, garage kept 04 looks mint though
Old 11-25-2012, 10:59 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Do you have any photos of the damage?

Where do you park the car?

What sort of maintenance do you perform on the paintjob?

Also if you aren't happy with one dealer, take it to another. If you still aren't satisfied, take it to HMUSA. They can really beat dealerships into line.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:18 PM

The Accent was a winter only car for the first 3 years of it's life. lol. The winters in Ontario Canada are horrible. The salt the city puts on the road in the winter literally eats the car/paint. This car has been outside it's entire life and the paint has never received any maintenance what so ever. It belongs to my wife, and I can't see us keeping it much longer as we need something bigger for the family. We bought it new, but seeing as the car is only worth a few thousand dollars now, whats the point in spending any money to fix it? I consider it a disposable car.