Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

What Transmission is on the Veloster?

Old 03-07-2014, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2014 Hyundai Accent M6
Default What Transmission is on the Veloster?

I was poking around earlier today and learned that the Accent I own and the Veloster share the same engine family (I'm new to hyundai), and therefore is stands to reason the transmissions may also share parts... can anyone confirm this? And yes if you're wondering my Accent is an M6.

If there are components in common (specificially the differential) I'd be very interested in locating a LSD upgrade diff for a veloster (if it will mate to my trans), or pick up the stock diff from a veloster owner who has upgraded.

Thoughts, anyone?
Old 03-07-2014, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Found one for the NU engines:

http://bisimoto.com/store/index.php?...roducts_id=807

It seems to be a lot like the Tib's application, not directly intended but applied. This claims it "may" work with the VT which shares your Gamma. You may just need to make a trip to the dealer and compare transmissions at the parts windows. I tend to do that a lot these days since hma went pay-to-play. ( ) I suggest getting the trans info from the dealer and then contacting Bisimoto about this diff. I know that with my 1.8L trans I've had to do a few mods, but most everything has been pretty plug and play at this point.