Hyundai Veloster Forum The Hyundai Veloster Forum. Get all the questions you have about the newly unveiled Veloster answered here. Find out what makes this new model so intriguing and a highly potential tuning platform.

HYUNDAI CONFIRMS 2.0 SONATA TURBO FOR VELOSTER!!

Old 01-10-2011, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default HYUNDAI CONFIRMS 2.0 SONATA TURBO FOR VELOSTER!!

According to <span>Edmunds</span>, Hyundai will place it's 2.0 Turbo from the Hyundai Sonata that pumps out 274 HP and 269 ft lb of torque. Hyundai will give it's Veloster subcompact coupe it's own hotted version.

<a name="more"></a>

<div></div>

View the full article
Old 01-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

As much as this would be amazing, I doubt it'll happen. A turbo 1.6l has been talked about, but I haven't heard any whispers of a 2.0t Veloster.

But, I would love for this to happen.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

The articles from the unveiling at the Detroit Auto Show are saying a 1.6L Gamma engine with 138hp, the same that's in the Elantra. You know, in old Tiburon fashion, copying the Elantra.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Yeah, but there has been *serious* talk about a turbo version also...but a 1.6l.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Here's the Edmunds article:

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...confirmed.html

And so this is the new 2012 Hyundai Veloster. Finally. And it's powered by a 138-horsepower 1.6-liter direct-injected four-cylinder backed by a dual-clutch transmission.

Don't buy it.

Wait for the turbo. That's right, the turbo. In less than a year after this car hits the road, Hyundai will add a turbo model to the Veloster lineup. Today, Inside Line has confirmed that the a turbocharged engine, maybe even the 2.0 liter used in the Hyundai Sonata, will become an option on the Veloster.

That engine makes 274 hp in the Sonata and 269 pound-feet of torque, which is more than enough to give the front-wheel-drive Veloster claim to Pocket Rocket status. Some expect a detuned version to power the Veloster. Remember, the turbocharged Genesis Coupe is only packing 210 hp.

But, really, our money is on a turbo version of Hyundai's direct injected 1.6 liter, which they say is rated at 175 hp in the Curb Concept unveiled today.

Whatever. Wait for the boost. It'll be the one to have.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

If it was designed after a motorcycle helmet, it's going to get a turbo. A few other articles mentioned it.

It will then be one ugly, fast car. Imagine if the Original Tiburons came turbocharged like this... Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj ulia Roberts!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:13 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

Wait... wait...

A 200+ HP turboed Velostar?

Sounds lovely!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Administrator

I can't hold it in any longer -

Why do they insist on GREEN!?!?!

Old 01-11-2011, 09:40 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I think the color is nice.

And yeas, all the reports I have seen say 1.6L Turbo. I doubt it'll get the 2.0T as that might cut into the Gen Coupe's market even thought it's FF, and Kia's eyeballing that engine for the Koup turbo
Old 01-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Administrator

From Tropic Green to Lime Rock Green. Just Don't Do IT!

It's impossible for dealerships to push these cars. When I was looking for my Genesis, they tried their best to sell me a Lime Rock Green coupe, because they got two GCs in and wouldn't get more until they sold what they had.

The salesman actually told me, "How much would I have to pay you to make you color blind?" He meant, how much could he discount the car for me to buy it. They actually had a $1,000 salesman incentive to get THAT car off their lot.

When you're trying to push into a market and gain a presence on the road, why not stick to the primary colors? It doesn't have to be boring, make a beautiful red like Lexus did to draw customers in. You don't have to go green, and you don't have to make it uglier!

edit: okay, green IS a primary color, so I mis-typed in my tangent. My opinion still stands - hyundai should can the green or make it appealing.