Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

World Fastest Tiburons

Old 03-24-2006, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm not going to lock it. Geesh.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:13 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Anybody have any links with info on these worlds fastest Tib's??? I would be interested in reading a bit about them.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:53 AM

The search function does.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:38 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (01importshark @ Mar 24 2006, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yah, buddy those parts arent going to get you to 400whp.. id say get a bigger turbo for starters.. that higher compression ratio will help a bit with higher hp numbers, but make SURE its tuned as PERFECT as possible..
personally if i were going to try for those high numbers id get a BB GT35R or a GT25/40R.. they should both work..

that intercooler, i believe will not handle that much hp..
try this one.. try the 1010 model
Tim at turbo elements can also custom make intercoolers to ur specs using garrett bar and plate cores..

<span style="color:#FF0000">That link was very helpfull.</span>

i would try locating the LONGEST gears that you can, dont use the 1.6L tranny

<span style="color:#FF0000">Ill keep that in mind</span>

i would even think of making or buying a custom race manifold, then you can build it to your needs, custom for turbo, etc.

<span style="color:#FF0000">what is your opinion about the type 2 of K-Spec (we bought it already).</span>

youll def. need bigger injectors.. i would say 590s would be good to about 300whp or so? id say like 800s or 900s around that area would suffice.

<span style="color:#FF0000">I have bought already the 590cc from K-Spec. if we add a 5th one ? what is your opinion about that ?</span>

some more aggressive cams would help ALOT

<span style="color:#FF0000">We will do that...</span>

you will want a race port and polish on that head, probably better valve springs, and better valves.. i forgot our hookup, but id get a set from there..

<span style="color:#FF0000">the head will be polished.</span>

i dono how much you can do with your ECU tune there, but i might reccommend a full standalone system if you cant modify the ECU much..

<span style="color:#FF0000">the ECU will be blank and the programmer will create the program on the dyno.</span>

def. get LSD, stronger gears, etc.. send it to mad johns hookup, have it built way up with forged gears or w/e he does..

<span style="color:#FF0000">we will do that about the LSD</span>

i obviously know thats not your whole list, just core stuff, cuz u need FPR, and tons of more stuff.. if u need a full list i can help as much as i can with it..

and something that I WOULD DO, and to think about.. if you wanna build a 400whp tib. build a kit capable of 500-550 whp at least so your not maxxing any of your stuff out.. thats just my opinion

<span style="color:#FF0000">I totaly agree with you</span></div>
Old 03-24-2006, 10:34 AM

I just spoke with the mechanic on the phone and told him what you wrote and he sounded quite worried. He told me that the guy who owns the Tiburon just cutted a part of the fenders so they can install 18” rims. Eyecrazy.gif

About the wideband you are right: http://www.plxdevices.com/M-Series_l...roductinfo.htm thanks... wink1.gif

Please tell me your opinion. With the specific setup and the parts we already have bought which is the maxium HP the car can get whithout problems ?
Old 03-24-2006, 10:47 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (01importshark @ Mar 24 2006, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i have no personal experience with the manifold from kspec, so i culdnt tell ya.. i know its alot thinner than the steel used by t4turbotib and tim from speedfactor.. it seems to have more pretty factor than race quality. but like i said i dont know and wont dog it or anything, if you already have it, id say use it. depending on the quality and structure, you might wanna reinforce if needed.. ceramic coat or wrap it too.</div>

Woah, how would you know that? I've got one right here, it defiantely isn't THIN at all.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:54 AM

As a wrote in a previous post of mine the person who owns the 1999 2.0L Tiburon has the largest used Hyundai parts store in Greece and he wants to create a fast show car.

My mecahnic is quite worried because the customer (guy who owns the tib) wants minimum 400 hp. And how we are going to tell him that with the current setup the car is not safe to go over 300 hp.

The budget is not unlimited and the client wants to spend also part of the budget on bodykit, rims, tires, brakes, coilovers, ICE etc...

The budget we have is around $12.000