Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Thinking about taking off my Veilside kit

Old 09-29-2013, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Veilside Tibby
Default Thinking about taking off my Veilside kit

I spent a ton of cash on this kit back in the day because it's a real kit. Not one of the fake vader kits you see all over ebay. I've also spent a lot of cash fixing chips and scratches on the front bumper because it hangs so damn low. But now I'm thinking about putting the stock bumper back on with a set of turby side skirts I have laying around. If I did that, I think I would want a lip like the Gorilla but I cant seem to find any good lips any more since a majority of the nice looking ones are no longer made. Help me decide what to do?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Turbo

Did the same . Spend the money on the real thing. Back to factory for a while saving it for when the tib is a classic throw back, if that ever happens.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:32 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

You can do whatever the sh*t pleases you mang. If you're asking what I would do, I would remove it because I don't like veilside kits. But it's really a decision with no consequences either way.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Take off the VS kit, preserve it somewhere, put on the Turby skirts (extremely rare) and do something unique for the front like either a GK bumper or Eclipse bumper. If you can get your hands on a Gorilla or Studie lip, then go that route for sure. They're pretty rare so combining it with the ultra rare turby's would make your car classy looking but also be more unique than having a VS kit.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:20 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

Same here...been wanting to look stock again, my kit and style is org buddy club as well but a decade outta style, I shoulda kept my turby skirts dammit,...home depot lip,turby skirts and root beer paint is what I want nowadays, or flat black, wanna sleeper kinda look , not the "HEY LOOK AT ME!!!" look
Old 10-03-2013, 05:48 PM

Vehicle: 2K Tib

Definitely take the kit off. I'm biased but Ive hated the kit since the very first day it was announced that Veilside was making the kit

Old 10-03-2013, 05:49 PM

Vehicle: 2K Tib

It even looks stupid on RD1's

Old 10-14-2013, 04:53 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I don't think the RD1s were ever the read deal. iirc vs only offered them for the RD2. Could be wrong.

I'm not even a body kit person, but I think it's gorgeous.

Though for a DD it's likely WAY too low. That said, if someone want to get rid of one I'm looking to receive.

Might even pay if it's cheap enough