Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Was there every any kind of ECU reflash to the stock ECU?

Old 07-19-2011, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

problem with most "send out ecu" reflashes is they dont know your exact setup so they "guess" with what info they have

even the jim wolf ecus for nissans tend to run pig rich (my old bosses flash came in with a a/f of 10.2:1)
Old 07-19-2011, 08:37 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

What about the old 1.8L ecu swap?

Or was that debunked a while back?
Old 07-19-2011, 08:51 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

if anything that "gained" 5hp cuz the fuel maps where slightly leaner that is, until auto learn figured it out
Old 07-19-2011, 08:58 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

AEM FIC 1910, Not completely hard to install, Works wonders, you can tune the entire RPM range, you can play with timing and all the goods.

I got it, so do alot of people lately, Really AEM is pretty nice, Also nice cause you can find a tuner just about anywhere willing to Tune your AEM FIC!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:48 AM

Vehicle: RD2 hyundai tiburon

Not claiming to be an expert at all but I believe AEM doesn't make piggy back systems for the RD2. If you look, they're made one for the 4g63( evo VIII, eclipse, eagle talon).. however the G4CP and the 4G63 seem to be the same motor but the intake/exhaust ports are reversed as is the crank pulley/thermostat housing.. I'm curious, if I could just snach up an evo VIII ecu and put it in my I4 tib? Then I could buy a piggyback/flash card from anywhere..
Old 10-19-2011, 05:01 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Well, I better get my rear in gear and finish my code disassembly...

Anyone familiar with Intel 8051 assembly should be able to reverse engineer the code to a level where maps can be edited via prom replacement (what I'm trying to do now, but I'm primarily Cypress M8C/PSoC and Microchip PIC...).

The program mode enable line is brought out the the OBD-II connector, and does indeed go to the PRGEN line on the C509-LM processor inside the ecu. The Hyundai GDS system does allow a reflash of the ECU, so there's hope there.

Sad part is, there doesn't seem to be, from a cursory glance, any code inside the ECU that does a reflash. Meaning that the Hyundai GDS system must first shoot an initial loader over into the xram, then continue feeding in data to program. That means either a full homebrew program loader is needed, or the GDS loader needs to be sniffed off the K and L lines during a factory reflash.

This is with a 2000 5 speed Tib ecu

More good news, there's ~ 1K of unused code space, so additional enhancements should be possible, such as a DSM style stutterbox/NLTS option.

That's if I can find the time to get the thing fully reverse engineered.

If anyone has experience and is willing to help, let me know.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:36 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Kia Sephia

Ecus have been cracked by one of our guys, we are working at coming out with the whole line of Hyundai and Kia.

Bill

KFX
Old 11-18-2012, 12:16 AM

Vehicle: 1999/hyundai/tiburon

Originally Posted by bhurlin
Ecus have been cracked by one of our guys, we are working at coming out with the whole line of Hyundai and Kia.

Bill

KFX

Interesting! Would you know or have a timeline when these ECU's will be available? Could you find out! I would be willing to pick one of these up right know....lol....im serious .