Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Swapable Components?

Old 09-28-2006, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Are there any other 4 cyl motors out there that have the same bolt patterns as us for IM's, TB's, TB spacers, etc.etc.etc. Cause if so, then there would be other choices besides Air ram, not that im saying air ram is bad, its just expensive as ish, and itd be nice if maybe the 4G63 mitsu motor's IM had the same bolt pattern as ours, or maybe some honda motor....

...just wondering as usual =P
Old 09-28-2006, 07:47 PM

doubtful. but try to find out, thats the only way to know...... not many people have access to diffeent types of manis and such, or even have the knowledge on how to remove there stocker from what ive seen around here.

i can tell you that the mazda mx6 turbo, and probe turbo manis dont bolt up for sure. there quite different.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:13 PM

well maybe the 2.0 civic motors, or mitsu eclipses might work hmm, i wish i had time and money to figure it out, im a good idea man, but im piss broke =/
Old 09-29-2006, 04:42 AM

they wouldnt have to be the same size motor for them to work.

the hard part is the way most inatke mani's run coolent and vacuum lines through the hand even into the head itself.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:23 AM

So then is there any way aruond that? how come we cant go out and buy one of those universal Venom intake manifolds and just drilled the new bolt patterns in?