Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Scanned The Car, Need Help

Old 11-18-2007, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: car

Hey DTN. The Bosch O2 sensor that AZ carries for our first sensor is wrong. for 98 the show a female adapter off of the sensor, but we have a female on our car. 99+ doesn't show a number for a Bosch O2 sensor. Not Available. Hyundai can get me a sensor for $90 for the first one. The secondary sensor is just a switching sensor reading basically if the cat is there or not. We can get the universal Bosch O2 at AZ, but thats universal. The Denso O2 sensor LOOKS right, but its $130, special order only, but it DOES have the right plug judging by the picture... So if you are after O2 sensors, just go to Hyundai and tell them you work at a shop.

As for the 455 code, most of the time, it tends to be a gas cap issue cause the seals are bad. In your case, 99% sure its a little more than that, lol. The causes in our book are loose or defective fuel cap, bad vacuum line, Purge or Vent Solenoid. Evap Emissions Code. GAY! Isn't there a way where you can just like loop your evap system and get rid of the box, and get some sort of fooler for that sensor? They make them for O2 sensors at least. I'm probably just talking out of my ass, but Hopefully I was at least some help. I at least know prices cool.gif lol
Old 11-18-2007, 11:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

It probably IS his gas cap, believe it or not, it CAN cause shitty driving.

Why not go get yours tested, or pop a new one on there to check?
Old 11-18-2007, 11:36 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>HKC, you're right about evap affecting performance. I've been driving around with an evap leak for hte past month. I don't remember what my car feels like without the ECU in shit-fit mode. C'mon and be right, dealer!</div>

right? what is your code? maybe i can help. Do you know if the leak is random or from you tampering with it?
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>found this, thought it would help
02_30_001.pdf ( 292.31K ) Number of downloads: 3

Wish I had found it earlier.</div>
DAAAAAAAAAAMN goooooood find Cowboy!!!!!!!!!!!! Gooooooooddddddd. That should be added to the listing. I don't know where you got that, but YESSS.

REDZMAN, gas cap is fine, it was pressure tested at emissions. You know if this sealing shit doesn't work, then i'd have to check my purge to intake and see if it's not dirty or clogged. I did leave it open a few times when I had to go to work. That shit <u>could just be it</u>. Now I can use the chart to determine the problem!!!! Thanks DTN!
Old 11-19-2007, 03:55 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Elantra

It's a P0442 "Small Evap Leak" code. My J2 is in the shop right now. They called and said I had a cracked evap hose near the fuel tank, and I find out tomorrow if the smoke test I requested after fixing the leak turns up anything else.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:46 PM

evap drive cycle completed. No code. smile.gif
I sealed it with industrial strength adhesive all over.
I know where the leak was.

Good god that's the end of a bad horror thriller. Tiburon has a lot more power!! Drives beautifully too.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:39 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ fing02.gif Sweet!
Old 12-01-2007, 09:22 PM

LOL, this shit holds my whole car together. i caught my dad borrowing it for his frames, and statues.

how about your evap, have you checked of any punctures?
Old 12-01-2007, 10:10 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Me? I replaced my fuel cap and I think that may have taken care of my evap... I've replaced just about every commonly replacable part on my car 2 times in the last 6 months. It's pissing me off. It still feels like it wants to decellerate too quickly though.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:37 PM

wow this is really helpful, that is the same code I am getting and my car seems a bit sluggish.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:48 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Elantra

Good luck diagnosing it. P0442 is a tricky little bugger. Mine was fixed for like 100 miles and then the CEL came back on. I think the section of evap line the mechanics replaced is not holding. So it's back to the mechanic. Not a gas cap, as I replaced that, reset the code, and it came right back on.