Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

performance parts

Old 09-30-2010, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon
Default performance parts

I recently bought my 99 Tibby with a 2.0 l4 and I cannot find anything for performance except cold air intakes and exhaust. I would like to turbo it but like I said, can't find turbo, head, header, anything to make it fast. Does anybody have suggestions for me? Any input is greatly appreciated!!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:12 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe LX

You may want to check the Hyundai Tiburon Forum and the Forced Induction Forums to find out more information about the car first.

You can also check out our vendors for products when you are ready. But, a cold air intake and a exhaust system wouldn't be a bad place to start.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I see those parts on e-bay all the time. Also watch the Tiburon for sale section for when someone is selling parts your are interested in. In the mean time if the car is stock, put a Spectre cone air filter on your car for like $20 then buy like a $20 Flowtech muffler and cut your old one off and put that one on then put straight pipe in place of the resonator on your exhaust. It don't cost much to get that stuff welded on if you don't have a welder or friend who can do that. Replace your plugs and wires. I run NGK Iridium plugs and MSD wires. They cost alot but it's worth it. Change all your fluids if you havn't already done that. How many miles are on the car?
Old 10-01-2010, 02:30 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

^^^^ Tru Tuner right there....

Lol

Don't waste your money, just do the research and do it right the first time, all the money you spend making parts your going to replace has no point!!!!!

Turbo is good, but look in the forced induction forum for all the info!!!

Im boosted and it is a blast just make sure you got the funding, that is the first thing you need to do!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:10 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Now that i know more about tibs and what works on them im goin for a turbo.

It has 193,xxx on it so im definately gonna rebuild the engine before a turbo is installed.

Also, time doesnt matter to me because i have to do body work engine work, plus things that I just want to do just cause
Old 10-28-2010, 04:57 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

And buy your turbo sh*t from the butt pirate turbosocks he will hook you up