Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Performance Or Looks?????

Old 07-16-2005, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ I don't think I would have said it any differently.

The route I took was wheels > tires > stubby > clear corners > CAI > tint. And now headers (RSide, I hope, woot woot)

Dare I say, my car STILL looks faster than it really is. It looks like a 15-second car, but it's actually a dissapointing 17-second one..

Plus the engines got that performance sound, but not the acceleration to match. With headers, my car'll get even more noisy, but it'll also get more torquey.

My car is taking a 'stealth' approach, so after headers go in, I'm most definitely getting KSpec's smoked tails, so it looks dark and agressive from all angles. Visor in the front, tint on the sides, tint and tails on the rear.

It's all about building it the way you want. Personally, I'm making a car that Darth Vader would drive.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:09 PM

^^ If that involves the "Vader kit", aka imitation VS kit, then no.

Go performance. Turbo mods...though, I would probably get an AWD tranny to support high performance engine mods. As far as "looks"...usually it's synonymous with a retarded body kit and a spoiler...decals...crap like that. Lightweight wheels are fine. Big brake upgrade is fine.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:16 PM

First mod without a doubt. AEM CAI! You will get the biggest gains for the smallest amount of money. You will also have some "Looks" when you pop the hood.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

When I first got the Tib, I spent a lot of time and money trying to find the "best" intake and adding little mods here and there, just to get that extra 1-2hp. I wasted my time. If I could do it all over again, I would've saved my money and built my turbo a long time ago. I just feel stupid thinking back to all the things I tried doing.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:39 PM

Well...hopefully you just saved someone the hassle.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticChill @ Jul 18 2005, 01:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>^^ If that involves the "Vader kit", aka imitation VS kit, then no.</div>

Bodykit is a no-no. thumbsdown.gif
Old 07-19-2005, 11:38 PM

Its entirely up to the individual.
My personal opinion is a balance, some performance and some exterior.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:03 PM

You have to choose one, If you want to performance or show. I think you can choose Show like you can have a body kit , Rims, and some N/A modifications which will fit to your bujet laugh.gif