Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Hyundai Tiburon Forum (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-tiburon-forum-63/)
-   -   Performance Or Looks????? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-tiburon-forum-63/performance-looks-30062/)

OneBadtib97 07-15-2005 08:50 AM

Im not to sure what to do first, so i want everybody's opinion to help me out, i don't know if i should go looks first or performance first, if i go looks it will probably be a body kit, tail lights, and wheels, if i go for performace, it will be headers, cams, cold-air intake, and new pulleys, so i want your guys opinion on what i should do first thanks

Josh

JonGTR 07-15-2005 08:59 AM

Wheels, every performance mod imaginable (turbo), then........maybe..........ok then a bodykit.

OneBadtib97 07-15-2005 09:02 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JonGTR @ Jul 15 2005, 02:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wheels, every performance mod imaginable (turbo), then........maybe..........ok then a bodykit.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

LOL i like how you worded that

hamhead 07-15-2005 09:09 AM

Personally, it's all up to you. I'm really not into looking all pretty (The stock Tib is plenty hawt enough for me), so I'm delving deep into the performance aspect before I rice it up. If you like having a car that will turn heads everywhere (not based on a loud BOV lmao.gif) than slap some of th ose Korean body kits on it and have fun.

OneBadtib97 07-15-2005 09:16 AM

Yea i did find a decent body kit its the GT Combat kit and i can get it for $470 shipped, 7 layers of fiberglass, comes primar yellow though mad.gif but that don't matter much

Mad-Machine 07-15-2005 09:47 AM

wheels are one of those mods that is both cosmetic and performance (provided you do not go with heavy bling type wheels) so they are a natural choice with EITHER way you go with your car.

Personally, I have owned a lot of cars that looked like they were on their last few miles, but ran great or even better than stock. The Tib has enough power for me right now to allow me to work on the body (especially since the trailer incident with my brother in law) then the suspension, and finally the engine.

REDZMAN 07-15-2005 09:55 AM

Onebadtib97, please don't quote the post above yours. Use the ADD REPLY button at the bottom of the page.

To make yourself happy, do some nice looking lightweight rims. Then you've done a bit of both. Do some good looking performance mods. There's always a nice mix in performance and style.

2kShark 07-15-2005 09:56 AM

I noticed you own a black Tib fing02.gif , so you should tint those windows, as many here would describe thusly: "It looks badass, man!"

I'd say do a little bit of both. Do some exterior work here and there (they look great with a little spice), and then set it aside while you tweak under the hood. Sounds like you've thrown together a good setup with I/H/C/P.

Bodykit? thumbsdown.gif Most distract those sexy curves that come stock!:P I've never seen anyone with the Nastec Lip kit though for the RD1. It's like another OEM design. Subtle. Relaxed.

Most importantly, build your car for yourself, and no one else (which would mean disregarding this thread in general lmao.gif). What gives if someone doesn't like your overdone Tib?

Mad-Machine 07-15-2005 09:59 AM

could not have said it better 2K... this is your car, do what you want with it.. just be prepared either way for what people will think and say about it.

supercow 07-15-2005 09:59 AM

eh, i'd say do a little of both, the way i've been doing it is as i find good deals pick stuff up and do it in that order. fing02.gif

that way your car is never a ricer and never a junker that goes fast.