Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Obd Ii That Works Like A Hi Scan

Old 07-05-2009, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

So I was browsing around and found this obdII software that claims to have an expansion pack specific for Hyundai/KIA, it allows it to have hi-scan functions like evap test. and read air bag codes. Its a little pricey $250 for the obdII and $100 for the KIA/Hyundai expansion. Just wanted to put this out there for the tech. gurus. see what you guys think

I'm not planning on purchasing this because i already have a very good obdII scanner, actron cp1945 but if it does have the hi scan options i think it would be a great deal. Specially if you already have the obdII to usb connector and you can work out a deal with the company to just buy the software.

I have an air bag light that Im dying to read/reset but refuse to dish out $120 to my friendly local hyundai dealer

http://www.autoenginuity.com/order.html

here is the full list of the functions http://www.autoenginuity.com/Hyundai...tems-List.html
Old 07-06-2009, 08:31 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Wow, where the hell did you find this?

Looking at the links, this is an interesting one for sure. Wonder if we can reset Airbag codes with this, since it accesses that sensor?

Total would be about $400 shipped with everything we would need. Maybe I should get one for the Site Tools program for everyone to use?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:10 AM

Red, I ran into it browsing around for air bag reset tools. I do not have any personal experience or know anything about it other than what you read on the link. For that price it would be great. In the general description it does say it will reset airbag codes, and activate sensor. like the evap purge test.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:45 AM

RedZ, Did you get to look into the this obd? Are you going to make it available as a site tool?