Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

my brakes "chirp"

Old 12-04-2012, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 Tiburon
Default my brakes "chirp"

A while back, i installed hawk brake pads, new rotors, and stainless steel brake lines. I bled the brakes (properly as far as i know) and the install was pretty straight forward... seems like in the mornings or if the brakes are not warmed up, they 'chirp' once when i hit the brakes. Depending on how long i drive, it goes away on it's own.. seems like a temp related issue.

it doesn't affect performance as far as i can tell (believe me, they've been put to the test a LOT lately). There's no leaks. Brake pad wear is normal (no excessive abrasion against the rotor).

Anyone have an idea what this could be? Perhaps bleed the brakes once again - maybe there's an air bubble trapped in one of the lines?

*I figured, if there was an air bubble(s) i would have a lot of brake fade to begin with but they seem to work like a champ.