Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Lowering my Rd1 tib

Old 02-18-2011, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Lowering my Rd1 tib

Im lowering my RD1 tiburon today got some KYB struts n Eibach springs to put on, Just wondering if theres anything else Ill need for it? Will a front end alignment be necessary? Any helpful info will be great.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:08 AM

Vehicle: 2001 tibby

Yes you will need to ship them to my address ASAP lol not as long as you know for the most part of what your doing your alignment will be the same just be very careful with the tie rod and the struts going in and out dont force it patience will be the key
Old 02-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

the rear end links may be a pain in the ass.. they were for me.. had to end up cutting the pass rear end link cuz we couldnt get the bolt off. otherwise a very straightforward, easy swap.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:40 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

There are a trick to the links!! if you dont care about them, like you shouldnt... aleast i didnt when i installed my coil-overs. You will see what were talking about when you go to remove the link, there tuff, your going to find with you go to remove the bolt them b*tchs just spin and spin. But if you have a nice set of vise grips with some nice teeth, you can actually remove the little rubber boot with an X-Acto blade, then brag the small nut and part of the shoulder bolt with the vise grips and give it hell. That is how i got mine apart. Better to have no boot on it, then have to cut it off, and not have a sway bar out back, or have to buy more parts.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:26 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

you need front camber bolts in order to do alignment. i have some new unused extra ones FS if you want them PM me.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:35 AM

Hey, Yea you need a set of them, just to help keep the camber wear down, also i have a set on my car now, that i will Straight up trade for your four stock ones, once you take them off, i have Pillow tops, and dont need them and it actually makes it a bit of a pain to set when you have pillow tops and camber bolts. Let me know if you want to trade bolts, not extra cash, just a straight trade.

Camber bolts I would trade for stock bolts!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

I would recomend an alignment on any car that gets lowered, your changing the alignment specs when you lower the car and camber bolts will be needed.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:00 PM

Vehicle: 98 hyundai tiburon

@turboron i never thought bought cutting the rubber off, i tried to vise grip the small nut the dam thing just stripped i orderd a pair of new links -__- so ima end up cutting em
Old 02-21-2011, 01:02 AM

Yea Man works pretty well, Wanna trade bolts.. Pm Me, Ill ship mine to you, and you can ship me your set when you can.