Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Just thought this might be funny...

Old 02-07-2005, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just thought this might be funny...

My 97 tibby is bone stock, except a pacesetter exhaust. which currently is not even working because all the exhaust comes out the flex pipe. LOL. My good buddy has a 96 neon, who bragged to me that his car was fast and untouchable. LOL. Well last night, we were heading down to the mall where both of out g/f's work, at the same place to pick them up. Just joking around i pulled up next to him looking straight at him and put my car in neutral (stupid automatic) and revved up my engine. he laughed and took off. I didnt know the light had turned green, so i dropped back into drive and took off too. within i dont even want to say 2 seconds (seemed so much faster) i was caught up and even quicker then that i was a car length ahead. Me not being much for driving double the speed limit let off the gas thinking it was over... Nope, he kept going by. So I floored it again. Once again i quickly caught up with him I didnt pass him though cause of traffic, in a 35 zone over a bridge we were going 75, so much for not going double the speed limit. lol. well the mall was coming up on the left. we were on the outside lane and a semi was going to slow for us. so him being in front got in front with enough time to get over into the turning lane and make a right hand turn. i hesitated and was just going to slow down and go behind the semi but said screw it and sped up and turned from the outside lane across the semi down the street. (hope that makes sense.) by now i was shaking from the adrenaline. so i slowed down. LOL.

But after that he changed his story... "man, we are untouchable."

It almost scared me to make mods to my car. what will i do with a car that is actually fast?? HAHA... RIGHT!!!

Next time I will tell you the funny story about My best friend, girl friend's brother (no joke) who said his 92 S10 was faster then my piece o' sh*t. That was amusing.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:39 PM

Hopefully he learned not to talk his sheet unless he can back it up...way to go man
Old 02-07-2005, 12:42 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Street racing is dangerous bro. If you want to race go to the track in a controlled environment.

If the s10 has a v6 its hp is 155 and you have a automatic. His 1/4 is faster then yours.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'll give Java.... 3 hours and 22 minutes before this post gets locked. LOL smile.gif

Just for the hell of it for the post below me, HP isn't everything. Weight plays a factor too... S10s are trucks. Trucks = heavy. LOL tongue.gif
Old 02-07-2005, 12:44 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

good job...was the neon stock?...better not let java see this..he no likey...change the next story to i raced my friends s10 at the track one day...

EDIT: hamhead..the post below you? you mean the post above you...or before me
Old 02-07-2005, 01:03 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

1992 s10 are are the same weight our rd's have.

My neighbour has one.... It's a light truck, empty bed 5spd, his 1/4 is 15.6 with exhaust and cai.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:05 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

locked.gif
Please read the forum rules. This is the second post about street racing in 24 hours. Next one I give warnings out. :drillserg
locked.gif
Old 02-07-2005, 04:37 PM

Thanks Java.. beat me to it.

As for Street Racing, I think you will find most if not ALL the mods and Admins here are against it. Personally, not only does it call undue and unflattering attention to us, but I want to keep each and every one of you around and posting here.

Come on guys, there is NOTHING to win by racing on the street.