Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Just A Quick Question

Old 07-22-2006, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so i got in my car to go to the liquer store. Car started up fine but my radio started acting up. So i turned the car off and went to restart it but it acted like the battery was dead. I tried to jump it using mom car but nothing. I ended up push starting it and it ran fine, i let it run for a while to charge the battery but after i shut it off it was still doing the same thing. I'm about to but a new battery in it but was wondering if the radio could have killed my battery some how. My alternator is only a year old so it should be fine. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:05 PM

Check to make sure your connections are tight.

Make sure the belts are tight.

Check your fuses.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:37 PM

So i put a new battery in and it started up fine. Radio still acting crazy but i'll fix that tomorrow. It just seems weird that the radio started acting up and the battery died at the same time. Oh well i'm going to put the factory radio back in tomorrow until i find a new one that i want to buy.

Ok so i fixed the radio but i noticed that my amp won't turn back on. I checked all the fuses and there all good but the amps not getting power. Any ideas
Old 07-22-2006, 09:00 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

Does it have an accesory activation, not exactly sure of it's name but it's a wire that is connected to your head unit that tells the amp to turn on when you turn your head unit on, so it's not constantly drawing power when it's not needed......

If there is one, make sure it's connected. Thats my only idea.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:35 PM

Check the voltage you get (at the battery) when the car is running. If you're not getting 14.4 volts, your alternator is dead. Radios often give out first when the voltage is off-scale. You might just be driving around on the battery, and you'll have the same problem as before once it discharges.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:54 PM

Well so i got up and started playing with the amp. Tried hooking up another amp and nothing. So i got the test light out and started searching for a power loss. Turned out my ground went bad. So i guess it was just a coincidence that it went bad when my battery died. Oh well it's all good now.