Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Individual throttle bodies setup ( pics and videos )

Old 05-19-2015, 09:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97' Hyundai Coupe

The scoop is already painted, but now I have to make airbox. A biker told me that they saw 0.2 bar at 200km/h when logging their map readings ?! Thats crazy, but I'm sure he is not f*cking around
Old 05-22-2015, 06:35 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

Originally Posted by blitz
Yep I have done P&P. But can you explain why the performance will suffer ? I just don't get it. I know 400+ hp cars tuned only with Neo

The car is at least 1 sec faster thatn stock 1/4 mile without the ITB so I'm expecting huge hp drop after i tune it

A few comments on this statement. "v72.00.00.4 installed. "I know 400+ hp cars tuned only with Neo "

I have seen 400+ cars tuned on a Neo as well but those were factory turbo charged cars and the tune was definitely not healthy for the engine's reliability.

Not calling BS or anything but do you have proof of this statement? "The car is at least 1 sec faster thatn stock 1/4 mile without the ITB"

Like Jon said you might have higher topend power but I'm better anything below 5k RPM is worse than stock right now. Good for you getting some port and polish work done! Do you know exactly what was done?

Also for ITBs you should really have some ignition timing control to really wake up the engine now that it can breathe better. NEO will not do that for you.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Banned

So where to begin...

I remember talking to a guy with a tib that was boosted and using only Neo

Check my video 60-140km/h full interior, passenger, subwoofer... [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqq3V1tASY4[/media]

I know a couple of guys with ITB setups and the most gains are mid range. When I was installing my custom exhaust I heard that bs too... "oh you will loose a lot of power in the lower RPMs with 2.5inch pipe " ... my ass I gained power everywhere and there was no drop after 4000rpm . Yeah most gains were around 6000+ rpm , but so what ?

I have a question how many ITB setups you made ?

Do you know what port and polish means? Maybe you want some pics, right ?

My tuner told me that he can control my ignition only with the NEO when messing with the IAT sensor

I promise to take pics of everything and post dyno sheet , 0-60mph , hopefully some track day videos and so on
Old 05-22-2015, 03:24 PM
Banned

Some pics to prove that I'm the only one working on my slow car Here you have to prove everything
Old 06-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Banned

No time to work on the car ,but slowly I'm getting there

Old 06-13-2015, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Is that a paper air filter?
Old 06-15-2015, 06:53 AM
Banned

Yep it is there just for the test.

Last night was the first attempt to tune it...and it was total disaster

The vacuum is stable, but even on 10% tps it is alomost 100kpa !!! As most of you told me before the Neo is total crap! The only one to blame is my hard stupid head !!!

Using wideband I manage to tune it on wide open throttle and the car pulls really good. Afr is around 12.5. The problem is that it doesn't idle good. It's pig rich even though there is stable vacuum !!! I understand why it doesn't run good at partial throttle, but the idle ... idon't get it. i tried to lean the mixture , but no success with the stupid apexi...

At the end of the night the result was 900-1000rpm idle , but still rich ( not like from the beginning ), low throttle was still very rich and at WOT was running ok. When I'm cruising it's pig rich, but the moment I step on the gas just a little bit there is a moment when it is lean !!! I can't drive the car like this, so today I found out that a friend of mine is selling brand new SMT8 for 170$ and I'm buying it! I'll try to tune it using alpha N not only map signal.

I will keep posting here as promised even though there is almost no interest

Also would like to thank most of the guys that gave me advice and for the future I will listen a lot more
Old 06-15-2015, 10:14 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Lurking does not constitute disinterest.

Just nothing of value to add yet, but watching this intently.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:27 PM
Banned

I'll remove that stupid neo tomorrow and will start to work with smt8. Hopefully everything will work this time.

I'm really pissed at myself...

By the way the other things that I've done to the car work very good. Even after that hard drive last night the airbox is cool. The brakes are great.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

There is not much to say, when someone has a plan and is pursuing it with what seems like a decent idea of what they should do. We're looking, just not saying much. Mods are cool, custom mods are cooler, hand-fabricated custom mods are really cool and when it all comes out working at the end, it's amazing.

Keep it up!