Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Honda Radiator swap

Old 07-16-2011, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: '99 Coupe/Tiburon F2 Evolution
Default Honda Radiator swap

An idea I toyed with months (if not years) ago, swapping from a standard rad, to a thicker but shorter rad.

Well after suffering with cooling issues recently on the standard rad I decided to go for it, I didnt expect it to fit aswell as it does, just need to drill a new mount to the car and tidy some of the hoses up now.

Before

After - Header tank relocated too

Cooling issues have disappeared (so far), Looks better and has created more room in the engine bay = WINNER!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:49 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

looks good and makes me wish i still had that setup. infinate room in the engine bay after the swap. i can literally stand inbetween header and rad. support after the swap
Old 07-16-2011, 10:22 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Nice job! I thought that would be the best option for you. How does it hold up in standing traffic? I hear there is LOADS of traffic in England.

Did you ever get that pusher/puller sorted out?
Old 07-17-2011, 02:14 AM

Vehicle: '99 Coupe/Tiburon F2 Evolution

It seemed fine earlier, will know more tomorrow as I have to drive through London, AKA the worlds biggest carpark.

Havent sorted it yet as there is no room at all there at the minute, will see if it holds up without one first, else I'll have to adjust the mounts. May just mount it in the gap to keep my aircon too though