Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Safe spot to run wideband through the firewall

Old 07-15-2011, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon GT
Default Safe spot to run wideband through the firewall

Where can I run the wideband cable through the firewall where it wont get caught on an edge and get messed up or crimped?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Remove inner fenderwell. Go through fender. You will NOT find an easier passage on the firewall.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

yup go round the outside, tomorrow i have to do some fixing under the dash (see my recent post) i will take a pic of the grommet that i routed the wire for the reverse light sensor, what a pain in the ass.

my wideband goes down from the a pillar, to the door jam, to the crease in the top of the fender, around the hinge in the hood and neatly down the firewall to the pipe.

but my 12 volt, 4 guage wire for the amp, goes though the hole behind the fuse panel and into the fender like stocker stated.

oh wait, you got an 07... even worse looking for a grommet on that one. i think i had found one on the right side under the glove box for my brothers GK, but i cant remember, i wired his whole system... but that was 6 years ago.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:40 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

if you can't find a spare grommet, you can always piggyback off the grommet for the engine wiring loom. grab a bare wire coat hanger, and tape the wire you need onto said hanger. poke it through the rubber grommet around the loom, and now you can run as much wire as you like.

i actually did this the other day on my mate's skyline. the only unused grommet was squished behind the ABS unit, so we just went through the main loom rubber.