Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

help choosing wheel tire sizes

Old 01-04-2011, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Tibron
Default help choosing wheel tire sizes

ok i have a 99 tib and i have made some changes in my life that i need a more economical solutions for wheel and tire choices. i have eibach lowering springs, and i love my gap right now with 205 45 16. however i have aluminum wheels that are older than crap and i have to air up my tires every other morning in the winter. i want to change to a more normal tire size, so i can buy cheaper tires. the tires i have now range in the $450 for a set. i can't do that with a wife and a child. it would be cheaper on me to go to a junk yard and get wheels and tires.

so now after that wall of text what size wheels and tire would keep me close to my wheel/fender gap and provide me with a cheap price on tires im thinking 14s or 15s maybe
Old 01-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

this will help you determine what size is similar. Input your current size and change the rim & tires to your liking.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
Old 01-05-2011, 07:02 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

450 for a set is bad?

I think the 15s I used to mount on the stock rim cost that much. I went to 17s because 215, and especially 205, are on clearance all the time around here. There is ride comfort sacrificed but for the control gained it's well worth while. People also gripe that 17's get bent and rashed easily but I'm on year 2 with out having dinged or curbed them in the slightest. And yes, I work downtown, the roads are FULL of potholes, as long as you keep your eyes on the pavement it's no big. As for cost, my last set of tires was $100 because I opted for the cheep 205 nexens, the 215 Toyos were twice as much and money was tight at the time.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

The roads around here are filled with potholes and I used to run 205 45 16 on my car that is lowered and switched over to 205 50 16 and I am very happy with the ride comfort. Passengers don't complain about the ride being uncomfortable anymore.

Also the tire I use now is the BFG g-Force Super Sport A/S tires. They cost more upfront but I got over 40,000 miles out of my last set.