Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Help!

Old 03-17-2013, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Help!

I believe my oil pan is leaking.. I have no clue how to remove and install a new one on a 1998 Hyundai Tiburon. Looks like I'd have to remove the flex front pipe, the engine mount bar, and a part thats attached to the transmission... Anyone do this before?
Old 03-18-2013, 12:55 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Drain the oil first

It shouldn't be too bad, just remove everything that's in your way! May as well remove the exhaust, even if it isn't strictly necessary. It's a little more work but it makes the rest of the job very easy to do.

Use gasket maker as well as the original gasket when you replace the oil pan.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:46 AM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

my car came with grey rtv silicone on the oil pan, dunno if it's oem or not,

anyways i replaced it with a oem gasket and sealed the gap between the block and pan with rtv cause i don't have time to let the rtv cure for 24 hours especially during wintertime,

use plastic putty knife or scraper to remove all old rtv, then you have option of using the gasket sold at auto part stores or rtv, use a thin layer on both ends, and wash the oil pan bolts with brake cleaner so the oil soaked bolts don't give false torque readings, assuming you use a torque wrench to tighten them as i did, it's recommended to prevent overtightening.