Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Headers

Old 06-28-2005, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

GT from ABQELANTRA for sure. I saw his the other day, brand new, perfect. You have to trim one bolt a bit and a fan, but you CAN use the OEM fans. You can also get aftermarket fans, which is what I'm doing.

Go for the best or go broke.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:51 AM

OBX.

We're talking about $350 headers you can easily get for under $200, and perform just as good as more expensive 'quality' headers.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:07 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

ya the gt's probably aren't a huge improvement over the obx, but they wont buzz like a set of obx and they look ten times nicer. the construction of these things is way better. if you look at a set of these next to obx the welds are way better. you have to see them to really appreciate the price. just remember you get what you pay for.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:47 AM

^^^That's what I'm really concerned about, which is why I really wanted to hear from a lot of people. I like the idea of GT's because of quality, and the lack of buzzing. And zoned019, I am planning on going all out N/A, which is why I think it'd be worth going for the GT's. And ABQ, if you don't mind waiting about 2-3 weeks, I'm all over those headers, it's just that I actually START my job tomorrow so won't be looking at a paycheck for a while. But I definitely will take dibs on those for the $450+shipping if you don't have a problem with a bit of a wait.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>GT from ABQELANTRA for sure. I saw his the other day, brand new, perfect. You have to trim one bolt a bit and a fan, but you CAN use the OEM fans. You can also get aftermarket fans, which is what I'm doing.

Go for the best or go broke.</div>
How much trimming we talking here and what would I need for this? I'd probably have to get that done for me because I don't have access to many tools beyond the basics like...ratchets, screwdriver and drill haha.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:58 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Since you do plan on going ALL out n/a, then you might as well get every extra little pony you can get.
Get the GT Headers
Old 06-29-2005, 03:59 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ABQelantra @ Jun 29 2005, 01:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>the construction of these things is way better. if you look at a set of these next to obx the welds are way better.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Dude, not only that, every weld on it is ground smooth. Like on the inside? NO bumps, obstructions, NOTHING. God they are hot. I can't wait to get mine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jToIeB @ Jun 29 2005, 09:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>And zoned019, I am planning on going all out N/A, which is why I think it'd be worth going for the GT's.
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Put it this way, I'm going turbo in a year or so, and I'M still getting the GT's until then. Open up a picture with the GT's installed, then open up a picture with the OBX shit pipes installed. Tell me what set you want in YOUR engine bay. Not to mention, I had the OBX, sold them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>How much trimming we talking here and what would I need for this?</div>

Not TOO much, just enough to clear the fans. Look up on the forums about them, a couple guys have them on and took pics/described it. I'm putting the FAL fans on mine so no trimming, not to mention, the engine bay will be MUCH cooler and less crowded.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:11 PM

What are your opinions on the rside headers?
Old 06-29-2005, 04:18 PM

I've seen one set ever, and they looked allright. Where have you seen that you can get them?
Old 06-29-2005, 04:21 PM

Someone PM'ed me if I wanted to buy theirs, so I was wondering how they were in comparison.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Just to throw another option into the mix, I have the hwarang 4-1 header installed on mine. Straight bolt on, no modification needed other than relocating the second o2 sensor. Took about 1/2hr to install.
My Webpage
They were a little buzzy until I installed the cat-back.