Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Header Question

Old 12-17-2005, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Install went okay today. Have a question though, since you all know I'm leary about wiring. This is on the Maintec Racing Header, and the one O2 sensor hole provided is right before the flexpipe under the car.

With the first o2 sensor, I was under the impression that the stock wire was long enough to reach it. It doesn't seem to be... Do you cut open the tape that houses the lines for the sensor (and something else), and it will be long enough? Disconnected from the wiring harness, the O2 sensor is only a few inches long... and it needs to be several feet.

I don't want to create myself another wiring nightmare like I've done oh so many times.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:45 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Do you cut open the tape that houses the lines for the sensor (and something else), and it will be long enough?</div>

Yes. I unwrapped mine and it had no problems reaching.

Buy something to wrap the now-unprotected wires in too.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:16 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I installed my maintec headers without re-wireing anything. Did you get the first bung welded on around the stock location?
Old 12-17-2005, 03:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

TY, just making sure I wasn't tearing into anything stupidly...

MK3, I'm using the 02 sensor hole they provided in the header as the first o2 sensor hole, and I'm getting the second sensor welded in on Monday after the cat I have left. I'm not extending it now because they said they'd do it for me. tongue.gif Laziness wins.