Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

This Would Sound Horrible Wouldn't It

Old 12-17-2005, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would sound horrible to put just a muffler on my stock system right now wouldn't it. My muffler is so messed up, its way too loud, my shop teacher said the muffler was the issue, so until I get a motoria would it sound horrible to put just a muffler on?
Old 12-17-2005, 08:36 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

No you should be just fine. It may be a little luder than stock but not horrible by any means.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:52 AM

it wouldn't get a ricey tone? would it be deep? whats the best kind to get...keep in mind i dont have a very fat wallet....
Old 12-17-2005, 01:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If you don't have a deep wallet, why buy a muffler when your going to be replacing it with the Motoria's anyway?
Old 12-17-2005, 01:30 PM

I agree entirely with ham...if you're getting the full catback anyway, why waste money on something you'll be getting rid of? Just deal with the annoying bad muffler for now until you can afford the motoria...and they sound depends on the muffler, just like anything else, what you pay and the type always affects the performance or sound...every exhaust will sound different, every muffler will sound different, so don't risk the rice with buying something you're going to use temporarily anyway.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

If your stock muffler has had it, just get an ebay cheapo muffler. You can get one for under $30 shipped.

Use that until you get your cat-back & then re-sell it on ebay fing02.gif
Old 12-18-2005, 10:06 AM

If you plan on getting a catback soon, then it would be wise to just wait and don't waist your money (depending on how bad your car sounds right now). If you don't plan on getting a catback untill a year or so, then you could get an ebay muffler for a good price to hold you over, but again, it depends on how tolerable your car sounds to you at this point.