Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Exhaust Help Needed

Old 08-01-2007, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

11whp on a ~110-120whp engine is a 10% increase. You don't think you could feel a 10% increase? Trust me, it's definitely noticable. That and the AEM intake are the most noticable mods I have made to my car. The airram/bbtb was a very slight difference, and the 1.8 ecu was no noticable difference, just a huge increase in gas mileage. Also no noticable difference between 2.25" and 2.5" exhaust piping. That is probably because those were my last mods, had the airram been my first mod over stock, I'm sure it would have made a big difference.

However, all of those things HAVE helped somewhat, whether you could FEEL it or not. Just because you can't see/feel something, doesn't mean it's not there wink1.gif
Old 08-01-2007, 12:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

im not saying you cant feel it, but it's not HUGE wink1.gif

huge is chemical or mechanical boost. you're car will have a little bit more kick to it, and it will be noticeable, but it won't make it that much quicker.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:16 PM

Well like you said earlier, tibby01, I'm not trying to turn the tib into a rocket ship tongue.gif If i can feel something when I do it, then im happy. I have the header, ready to go on, exhuast piping, ready to go on, my mechanic is probly putting on a custom intake on saturday, as soon as i find a 1.8l cam, it's going on. SO when I do all these, I'm deffinitely hopeing to notice a big change. I'm not into street racing or anything, but I wouldn't mind seeing what the ol girl could do wink1.gif

And you also convinced me to change my e-brakes too

thanks for the help guys!